Notices

Superhawk's

Old 03-07-2009, 06:04 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Superhawk's

I know there not in most of your guy's boats league's but was wondering who has them what engines etc.

would make a great day boat if you have a pushy wife!
Old 03-07-2009, 06:37 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by sonnycrockett
...if you have a pushy wife!
Is there another kind?
Old 03-07-2009, 08:10 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I had a 99 48 superhawk, with triple yanmars. Was a great boat after the first year I got the bugs out of it. Ran 55 mph WOT, cruise all day at 45 mph, very comfortable boat. Kind of regretted selling it. The yanmars were 300 hp, and bulletproof, never had a lick of trouble with them. Was comfy boat to lay around on too.
Old 03-07-2009, 10:43 AM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

I was never on one, but always liked them. I think with triple 480's it would be a great boat, very sleek comfortable and fast.

I always thought they were a great boat to run the Bahamas with, you can overnight easily, looks good pulling up places.
Old 03-07-2009, 06:41 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by GLH
Is there another kind?
he he
good call buddy
Old 03-07-2009, 06:46 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by HabanaJoe
I was never on one, but always liked them. I think with triple 480's it would be a great boat, very sleek comfortable and fast.

I always thought they were a great boat to run the Bahamas with, you can overnight easily, looks good pulling up places.
true.
What about chucking some merc 525's in or something along those lines. would that work or not?
Old 03-07-2009, 06:58 PM
Registered

The 50 Superhawk has problems, My good friend has the one that sank in the Bahamas, you can do a search hear and read some about it, it sank the rear of the boat just enough to need all new motors and gen. and rigging. They got it onto a sand bar before it went under. The problem is the added 2 feet for the surface drives and rudders, the way it is bolted on if the rudder hits anything it rips the back of the boat open. When it happened to his and they pulled it out the rudders were fine with just some little scratches but it broke the back of the boat off. After a few people looked at it they said it was total BS the way it was built so they had some people from Sunseeker come look at it, they said it was not right and they would fix the boat and they were going to retro fit all the other 50's so this wouldnt happen again. This was years ago and I have seen two 50's for sale in salvage yards with the same problem since.
Old 03-07-2009, 07:01 PM
Registered

I would buy 2 Formula 400ss for the same $$ they have a better lay out to sleep 4. The older 45 Apache Sunseeker has a good lay out too.
Old 03-07-2009, 09:36 PM
Registered

My dad had a 45 Sunseeker ( Tomahawk I think) back in early 90's then traded it for a 48SH 2yrs later.. Great boat very detailed finish, tri 502's WOT was 55 cruised at 40 all day long, ( hoist kept) day boat?? **** never saw them when they had that boat, gone all the time on trips. This was in the Great Lakes area..
Old 03-08-2009, 01:00 AM
Registered

I have one of these things somewhere around here in SoCal. It's been months since I've seen it!!! Love the boat! Triple 502MAG's
Attached Thumbnails Superhawk's-big.jpg   Superhawk's-rear.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.