Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Holiday Isle gas (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/204428-holiday-isle-gas.html)

boatfreak 03-07-2009 03:43 PM

Holiday Isle gas

This is an honest question about the quality of gas at Holiday Isle. I lost an engine on the boat show run and I had just filled up there. I am NOT trying to start anything but I would like to know if anyone else had any trouble. I know several boats filled up there but most were newer knock protected efi's where I'm an old school carb boat. Like I said I'm not bashing Holiday Isle I'm just asking an honest question.

OL40SVX 03-07-2009 03:44 PM

Didnt Gino have a problem there one year with gas?? Not sure though. Thought I remember a thread on here.

Wild 03-07-2009 03:50 PM

I lost and engine at the boat show run

sorry to hear that, hope its a simple fix and you still had a good time on the run :)

dykstra 03-07-2009 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by fountain40icbm (Post 2816378)
Didnt Gino have a problem there one year with gas?? Not sure though. Thought I remember a thread on here.

I thought the same thing!:eek:

Jupiter Sunsation 03-07-2009 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by fountain40icbm (Post 2816378)

No he got diesel in the tank instead of gasoline........more of an operator error (dock hand, helper whoever).

I ran back with 2 boats that topped off at Holiday Isle with no issues. My boat and both of them burned the whole tank on the way home.

Wild 03-07-2009 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation (Post 2816389)
No he got diesel in the tank instead of gasoline........more of an operator error (dock hand, helper whoever).

I ran back with 2 boats that topped off at Holiday Isle with no issues. My boat and both of them burned the whole tank on the way home.

that guys luck is just amazing

LapseofReason 03-07-2009 06:44 PM

I have bought over 500 gal. from them without a prob. but I havent been there in 6 years. Now go to some out of the way Island in the Bahamas the gas looks like muddy water and turns the back of the boat black but still no prob. for the trusty 500 efis.

jackie.fpc 03-09-2009 09:48 AM

We have not had any issues reported to us about fuel at Holiday Isle as long as we can remember. To find out more, we have spoken with the Operations Manager at Holiday Isle Resort, and here is what he said about the fuel there.

"We only pump Chevron Supreme 93 octane with Techtron. Unlike unbranded fuel stations, we get ONLY fuel from the Chevron tanks at Port Everglades. That helps assure that we have the consistent quality of fuel that goes with the name Chevron.

We also fuel thousands of boats, cars, and bikes from that tank without problems being reported.

In the 12 ½ years that I have overseen the fuel at Holiday Isle, I only have had one complaint on the gasoline that the customer felt sure that our gas was bad. I had a sample taken and sent it to a lab for testing and the results confirmed that the gas met all standards."