Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
OT: Illinois Rules for Tourists !!!! (This is good) >

OT: Illinois Rules for Tourists !!!! (This is good)

Notices

OT: Illinois Rules for Tourists !!!! (This is good)

Old 03-18-2002, 03:34 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking OT: Illinois Rules for Tourists !!!! (This is good)

Illinois rules for Tourists

1) Don't order steak or pasta primavera at Dennys, it's a diner. They serve breakfast 24 hours a day. Let them cook something they know. If you upset the cooks in the kitchen they will kick your ass.

2) Don't laugh at the names of our little towns (Sandwich, St.Elmo, Gays, Reddick, Dongola, Dupo, Paw Paw, Boody, Farmer City, etc.) or we will just have to kick your ass.

3) Don't order a can or bottle of soda here. It is called pop. Accept it. Doing otherwise can lead to an ass kicking.

4) We know our heritage. Most of us are more literate than you. We are also better educated and generally a lot nicer. Don't refer to us as Midwesterners. We are from Illinois and we can kick your ass.

5) We have plenty of business sense. We have to make a living here. Naturally we have small lapses in judgment from time to time, but we are not dumb enough to let someone move to our state just to run for the senate. If someone tried to do that we would kick her ass.

6) Don't laugh at our cornfields or our Lincoln Log home. Anything that inspires tourists to buy 50,000 post cards can't be bad. And in Chicago don't point and laugh at the sculptures or we will kick your ass.

7) We are fully aware of how cold it gets here in the winter, so shut the hell up. Just spend your money and get the hell out of here or we will kick your ass.

8) Don't order the fruit plate for desert. Order a steak and a potato or pizza for dinner and then have cheesecake or we will kick your ass.

9) Don't try to fake a Chicago accent. We don't have an accent. Do not mention Al Capone, he's dead and you will be too after you get your ass kicked.

10) Don't talk to us about how much better things are where you came from because we know better. Many of us have visited big city hell-holes like Detroit, Cleveland, New York, Philadelphia, and Los Angeles and we have the scars to prove it. If you don't like it here, O'hare is ready when you are. Move your ass on home before it gets kicked.

11) Don't complain that Illinois is flat and that there are not enough trees. If you whine about our scenic beauty we will kick your ass all the way back to San Francisco.

12) Don't ridicule our mannerisms. We speak only when spoken to. We know where we are going and we want to get there now. We mind our own business because that's what civilized, educated people do. Behave yourself around our sweet little grey-haired grandmothers or they will kick some manners in your sorry ass just like they did ours.

13) So you think we are quaint or losers because some of us live on a farm? That's because we have enough sense to not live in filthy, crime infested cesspools like New York Los Angeles. Make fun of our tractor and we will kick your ass.

14) Pronouncing the 's' at the end of Illinois is not funny. Doing it willget your ass kicked.

15) Last, but not least, DO NOT DARE to come here and tell us Chicago is full of gangsters. This will get your ass shot (right after it is kicked). Just mention this and you will be wearing cement shoes in the bottom of the Chicago river.

Now enjoy your visit, spend your money and then go home

Old 03-18-2002, 03:39 PM
Registered

That's just beautiful!!!!

Another winner by RT!!!
Old 03-18-2002, 04:27 PM
Registered

Old 03-18-2002, 04:31 PM
Charter Member #1171
Charter Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

YEAH !!!! Chicago rules !!! Don't argue with me or I'll kick your ass,,,, then shoot you !!! LOL
Old 03-18-2002, 05:04 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

LOL....
Old 03-19-2002, 01:28 PM
baja216

Exclamation

I definitely agree with that!!

Old 03-19-2002, 01:39 PM
Charter Member #943

Well the next time I am looking for a "Ass Kicking" I will sure make a point to visit Illinois. In the mean time I will just have to enjoy the other States that start with an "I".

For those of you in Illinois this is just a joke

Last edited by OnTheBay; 03-19-2002 at 01:42 PM.
Old 03-19-2002, 03:20 PM
Registered

Received 79 Likes on 23 Posts

Imagine an Illinois tourist in Wisconsin. They just love us "FIBS"
Old 03-19-2002, 04:38 PM
MotoFountain 127

WHY WOULD ANYONE WANT TO GO TO ILLINOIS IN THE FIRST PLACE ? IT'S JUST A PLACE WE FLY OVER TO GET TO THE WRONG COAST !