B&M 2 speed marine transmissions

Notices

B&M 2 speed marine transmissions

Old 03-11-2009, 08:47 PM
Skater Brother
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 7xchamp
Back in 1994 I was testing with the various trannies with Gentry when we were getting ready for the Kilo runs with our 40` Skater Gentry Eagle. We were working with Art Carr trannies in Calif. We tried the Turbo 400`s and the two speed Torqflites, at that time neither worked for us. We were running a 1.25 gear in the #6 and Destroked big block`s to 357 cu in. with twin turbo`s motors turned 8,500 and pulled over 60 inches of mercury on full boost over 1,100 hp each. We tried everything to get on plane, finally got the fuel mapping corrected and didn`t need the trannies, we blew them all to hell anyway, but again that was then. Art Carr should be able to help you with items needed and info. Good Luck
That's why we built our own transmissions. We give them real time boat testing then tear them down a make improvements as necessary. Final design will be at the Saint Pete poker run. Ready to hit the market with one year warranty with big power. Great alternative to crash boxes.
Old 03-12-2009, 04:05 AM
bck
Charter Member#568
Charter Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

If for some reason you need to get in touch with Art Carr, make sure you get in touch with the right one. It's one of those sold the name and the company and it went to hell deals. Art Carr is no longer Art Carr. I believe the real Art Carr is now CPT- California Performance Transmissions. Please verify this on your own however in case I am mistaken.