Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Engine Builder Beware (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/204488-engine-builder-beware.html)

Sweet Nmocean 03-08-2009 07:29 PM

Engine Builder Beware

A good screwing from another engine builder JTM machine from Ohio. Had to get into a fresh engine that was done by them and dyno'ed that was leaking oil out of it on the stand. I found loose valve cover bolts, a 1/2 a$$ install of the oil cooler and lines (all were loose) I also found three different brands of head bolts installed on the motor what a magnificent piece of workmanship. I wouln't trust them with a leaf blower motor better yet one for my model airplane.

Full Force 03-09-2009 12:01 AM

That sucks, glad I do my own assembly, then at least if it is wrong... my fault!

Sweet Nmocean 03-09-2009 02:58 PM

The way the economy is these people should be kissing a$$ like there is no tomorrow, with workmanship like this hopefully there won't be.

NEVERSATISFIED 03-09-2009 03:02 PM

Where are they located?

Sweet Nmocean 03-09-2009 04:18 PM

Canton/Akron area

89scarabIII 03-09-2009 06:21 PM

That sucks we just met them in fla. a couple of weeks ago at the poker run seemed like good guys. I was hoping to have found another good engine builder.

Did you contact them and what was there explanation for this. What did you find inside?

Sweet Nmocean 03-09-2009 08:43 PM

What we found was at least three different brands of head bolts installed "under the valve covers", the oil lines that go to the cooler were finger tight, we changed everything over to aeroquip lines, we found the valve cover bolts by the exhaust finger tight, the oil adapter on the bottom of the engine had no o-ring on the center bolt leaking oil. Is that what you would call a quality build?

RunninHotRacing163.1 03-09-2009 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by Sweet Nmocean (Post 2817840)
What we found was at least three different brands of head bolts installed "under the valve covers", the oil lines that go to the cooler were finger tight, we changed everything over to aeroquip lines, we found the valve cover bolts by the exhaust finger tight, the oil adapter on the bottom of the engine had no o-ring on the center bolt leaking oil. Is that what you would call a quality build?

I feel your pain Bro :ernaehrung004:

mmareno 03-10-2009 05:06 AM

:eek::eek::eek: See.. That is Justed F*cked up.
Most never cry about the engine bill, But when you see what "Some" do with the engine you want to choke the living P*ss out of them. ..Do you think the engine builder thought you may NEVER take the valve cover off??

Some guys just don't have any pride in their work!!

Sorry for you Loss !!!!!!!!!!