Notices

Engine Builder Beware

Old 03-08-2009, 07:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine Builder Beware

A good screwing from another engine builder JTM machine from Ohio. Had to get into a fresh engine that was done by them and dyno'ed that was leaking oil out of it on the stand. I found loose valve cover bolts, a 1/2 a$$ install of the oil cooler and lines (all were loose) I also found three different brands of head bolts installed on the motor what a magnificent piece of workmanship. I wouln't trust them with a leaf blower motor better yet one for my model airplane.
Old 03-09-2009, 12:01 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

That sucks, glad I do my own assembly, then at least if it is wrong... my fault!
Old 03-09-2009, 02:58 PM
Registered

The way the economy is these people should be kissing a$$ like there is no tomorrow, with workmanship like this hopefully there won't be.
Old 03-09-2009, 03:02 PM
Registered

Where are they located?
Old 03-09-2009, 04:18 PM
Registered

Canton/Akron area
Old 03-09-2009, 06:21 PM
Registered

That sucks we just met them in fla. a couple of weeks ago at the poker run seemed like good guys. I was hoping to have found another good engine builder.

Did you contact them and what was there explanation for this. What did you find inside?

Last edited by 89scarabIII; 03-09-2009 at 06:25 PM.
Old 03-09-2009, 08:43 PM
Registered

What we found was at least three different brands of head bolts installed "under the valve covers", the oil lines that go to the cooler were finger tight, we changed everything over to aeroquip lines, we found the valve cover bolts by the exhaust finger tight, the oil adapter on the bottom of the engine had no o-ring on the center bolt leaking oil. Is that what you would call a quality build?
Old 03-09-2009, 08:48 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Sweet Nmocean
What we found was at least three different brands of head bolts installed "under the valve covers", the oil lines that go to the cooler were finger tight, we changed everything over to aeroquip lines, we found the valve cover bolts by the exhaust finger tight, the oil adapter on the bottom of the engine had no o-ring on the center bolt leaking oil. Is that what you would call a quality build?
I feel your pain Bro
Old 03-10-2009, 05:06 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

See.. That is Justed F*cked up.
Most never cry about the engine bill, But when you see what "Some" do with the engine you want to choke the living P*ss out of them. ..Do you think the engine builder thought you may NEVER take the valve cover off??

Some guys just don't have any pride in their work!!

Sorry for you Loss !!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-10-2009, 10:45 AM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

People invest THOU$AND$ of dollars into this sport and some of these builders couldn't care any less how they hurt people-----they just want to take your hard earned money, but that is the day we live in----cheat your neighbor...cheat a friend, but those who don't Repent for the wrongs they have done in life will pay one day.

What does it profit a man to gain the whole world and lose his own soul in hell???

Quick Reply: Engine Builder Beware

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.