Notices

Sunny Day Boating

Old 03-19-2002, 05:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Sunny Day Boating

Went out with my parnets today around Marco Island on thier boat saw a couple offshore boats other than that I was stuck going 8knts all day. Heck it took 4hrs to get around the island and its only 7miles long. Heck we were out in the gulf watching the dolphins swimming along past us then, I looked up and the hang glider was passing us I miss going fast on the water guess I will have to wait untill summer.
Old 03-19-2002, 05:23 PM
Registered

PETE YOU POOR GUY YOU ...7 KNOTS THAT IS TRUE PAIN ..YOUR BUD RUDEDOG
Old 03-19-2002, 07:16 PM
Banned

I can feel your pain. We had to limp 18 miles Saturday after burning up a drive coupler. I told my girlfreind that this is what she she had to look forward to when I get old and have to buy a trawler!
Old 03-20-2002, 10:38 AM
Registered

thanks rude, I guess its boating fcr now better then snow plowing 10" of snow at home. Thaks cuda thats what this boat is its a trawler I cant take crusing at 8knts it drives me knuts. I dont care how old I get I hope I dont have to drive one of these boats heck my dad is only 60.
Old 03-20-2002, 11:25 AM
290PQ

Velocity, How long are you going to be there? We are heading down tomorrow night, my boat is on the hoist, gassed up and ready to go!! My boat is not as fast as alot of the folks here but i'm pretty sure it will go faster than 8kts let me know if you need a fix I'll be there thru the end of the month!!

Old 03-20-2002, 10:02 PM
Registered

Sure now you come down, we are leaving friday morning heading back to the north pole. 290pq where are you coming too in south florida do you have a place down here somewhere? Your boat is probally faster than mine even I have the 7.4mpi good for only 65, went to a performance boat store in Ftmyers today http://www.offshoreperformance.com/ almost left with a new engine too bad could nof afford it.
Anything is faster than 8knts heck the dolphins that usually like to play around the boat can pass us anytime they want. I guess the only good thing about my dads grand banks it only burns like 5gph at cruise, but it takes all day to get any where.
Old 03-21-2002, 08:01 AM
290PQ

Velocity, We are going to Marco Island. My folks rent a house every year for a month, I took there suburban and my boat down at the begining of the month, spent a couple of days then flew home. Now I'm taking the wife and kids down till the end of the month then I'll drive back home.
It looks like a blizzard here this morning, We don't leave till 7pm hopefully no delays??
Maybe we'll meet up north this summer? We spend a lot of time in northern mi.

Old 03-21-2002, 09:37 AM
Registered

I just think its cool you were in the boat. In MN today 8 degrees out side and the wide chill is well below 0. God I hate winter.
Old 03-21-2002, 10:43 AM
Registered

Thanks for reminding me what I am going back too tomrow, I will proballly have to plow my way into the driveway. Thats cool PQ hopefully we can hook up this summer, my parents will be down here for another week there condo is at crescent beach. I will have to plan my trip next year the same time you are here so I can do some real boating. If you are bored if you go down to the Marco Island Yacht Club dock C and slip 58 "grand pelican" you will see the slowest boat in the OSO fleet the 36GB. Have fun the weather has been perferct the whole time I have been here 85deg and sunny everyday. Drop me a line anytime you are in the north pole would love to go boating with ya.