Purchase deal went wrong.  Need Advice >

Purchase deal went wrong. Need Advice

Notices

Purchase deal went wrong. Need Advice

Old 03-16-2009, 11:26 PM
PF Marine
Platinum Member

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

Last edited by Coolerman; 03-16-2009 at 11:28 PM.
Old 03-17-2009, 09:08 AM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

Originally Posted by GLH
Negotiation here is; We drive down with a pile of cash and a truck make an offer that to us seems reasonable then get out of Dodge with tire squealing and the stuff hooked up to the back the moment the seller says "Yes"....
Cash is King!
Old 03-17-2009, 09:14 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by satisfied1
You mean to tell us you bought these engines for 30 grand? Did I read that correct? Are you ***** en about new engines or used ones. The way you are carrying on is that Jeff took the money from you and did not get anything for that. So what is the problem. Don't buy used if you can't fix it. 30 grand fix them and move along. Did you not hear of cash and carry. Warranty you want what.

Hollow point is the boat they come out of just look them up on You tube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCD65Gfo92E

enjoy.
And they told me mine came out of Hollowpoint

EMPIRE anything been resolved yet ???

Last edited by RunninHotRacing163.1; 03-17-2009 at 09:19 AM. Reason: CMC means RUN AWAY FAST !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-17-2009, 01:22 PM
Registered

Received 421 Likes on 175 Posts

I am no rocket scientists (or mechanic either), but early in the thread you say very clearly that your mechanic found a crack AFTER boring the cylinders. How in the world can anybody be held accountable for something AFTER this work was done? I would think that the walls in a 588 would be pretty thin anyway, and proper due diligence would have included checking for cracks. It would certainly seem that it would have made sense to check for cracks BEFORE any machine work was done. I would suggest that it was either the responsibility of you, or whoever you trusted with these engines, to make certain that they were "right" before any machine work was done.

I have made plenty of mistakes myself that has cost me $$$, but I man up and take the beating. In fact, I would be a bit embarrassed getting on here and letting everybody know how foolish it was to start engine work/machining, before checking the blocks. It sucks, but don't drag others down because of a bad decision.

I know Jeff very well and would trust him with anything that I own. He is a standup guy with strong midwest values. I think that one would be very challenged to find anybody that would say that Jeff had done them any wrong. If so, you would have thought that it would have come up by now (kind of like the super chillers did).

I feel for you that you will need to spend more on these motors than what you thought. It is a bummer, it sucks, and it is expensive.

Good luck with your endeavors.
Old 03-17-2009, 04:12 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree
Old 03-17-2009, 04:12 PM
Registered

Last I spoke with the seller, he indicated he had spend all the money, his house is up for forclosure, and his in bad shape, but when i did my investigation, noticed several vehicles, all nice cars, one being a MBZ 600SL, two nice house. Your Answer, nothing has been resolved. My attorny called him as well and his pushing my into the legal system, which i will be taking, unless he comes forward and offter something to keep me happy, or take the motors back

Originally Posted by RunninHotRacing158
And they told me mine came out of Hollowpoint

EMPIRE anything been resolved yet ???
Old 03-17-2009, 04:26 PM
Registered

You gotta be friggin kidding me. You buy used motors, send them to a shop which then sends them to an outside machine shop. They get dismantled, then bored and now you want your money back? Good luck with that.
Old 03-17-2009, 04:42 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Skullkrusher
You gotta be friggin kidding me. You buy used motors, send them to a shop which then sends them to an outside machine shop. They get dismantled, then bored and now you want your money back? Good luck with that.
100% agree
Old 03-17-2009, 05:39 PM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by empire0007
Last I spoke with the seller, he indicated he had spend all the money, his house is up for forclosure, and his in bad shape, but when i did my investigation, noticed several vehicles, all nice cars, one being a MBZ 600SL, two nice house. Your Answer, nothing has been resolved. My attorny called him as well and his pushing my into the legal system, which i will be taking, unless he comes forward and offter something to keep me happy, or take the motors back
I don't know either party but let's assume your description of his financial position is accurate......do you really think suing him will get you anything but a big bill from your own lawyer? Based on your description he owes money all over town and your last on the list to get re-imbursed........I'd spend that money on new blocks instead of a lawyer that wants you to spend it with him instead.
Old 03-17-2009, 06:20 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

if you are really suing him, why are you on here telling the hole world? why don't you just do it and be done with it, i really don't think it's fair to come on here, and talk all this sh@t about a person, just do what you have to do.

Quick Reply: Purchase deal went wrong. Need Advice

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.