Originally Posted by RunninHotRacing158
go to advanced ,manage pictures, and upload..piece of cake

This from a guy still learning to use the Quote button
Old 03-18-2009, 03:02 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by 36Tango
Hmmmmmmm, by an earlier post you stated that the machinist had already bored both blocks (it clearly says "after boring the blockS"). Now you are saying that he had just started on one of them? Here it is from your early post:

" Hi Mike,

Yesterday I went over to the machine shop to check the satus of your engines. I was not very happy when I saw the results. After boring the blocks we found two cracks in each block, in the same place ob both blocks. In cylinder # 3 & 5 about half way down. The strange part is that they are staight lines in a circular direction ( the do not follow the direction of the piston-up and down). Pete (the machinist) has never seen a crack in this form before, after consulting with other machine shops and myself, we decided that it is too risky to try to sleeve the block. We are afraid that the block will try to separate, the deck from the bottom. It is our conclusion that the engines had water in them at freezing temps which caused the cracks."

Now, in plain black and white (or whatever color), we see you changing your story about how things happened. You would expect your word to hold up in a court of law with a guy like Jeff that would have a mile of people lining up to testify on his behalf? Of course I have printed all of these posts just in case sometime in the future your recollection needs to be adjusted.

Now what was it? Were they were both bored and then the cracks were found? or was one was bored, the crack was found, and then the other one was also found cracked? Your machinist is pretty clear what he thinks (they were both bored before finding the cracks) based on his email. If he is as honest as you say, and I would believe based on the other guys that he is, then his word must be good and they were bored before the cracks being found.

I'd say that it is probably time to save face, admit that you should have at least done a little bit of due diligence before purchase. Find some used blocks (and have them maganafluxed), switch some parts, and get on the water. You have drug a good mans name through the dirt long enough.

Hmmmmmmm, I wonder what role Pete, the machinest and the 4th person on your side (you, mario, engine builder, Pete) to see the blocks before the cracks were found, played in this? He was the one and only person in this entire delema that did any work whatsoever to the blocks before the cracks were found. I wonder if Pete got a little overzealous with the boring tools?

Good point. The plot thickens.
Old 03-18-2009, 03:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by sean stinson
look for the paperclip
If you are not a $$ member of OSO you can't upload pics.

You can email them to me and I'll post them if you want! [email protected]
Old 03-18-2009, 03:08 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Griff
This from a guy still learning to use the Quote button
And whats your Point D!Khead ?

maybe you can teach me
Old 03-18-2009, 03:08 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by sean stinson
.........bowtie blocks are a dime a dozen at the moment I am pretty sure but not certain.....

So why biotch about it.....if for 5 cents you get six used blocks?
Old 03-18-2009, 03:51 PM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos
So why biotch about it.....if for 5 cents you get six used blocks?
on sale now new gm 572 block http://gmperformancepartszone.com/ta...68-p-6078.html

$2800
Old 03-18-2009, 04:29 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So, it sounds to me like the machine shop is the one to be pointing a finger at. Where is their measurement log? Who actually inventoried the pieces & parts as they came apart?
Tell the truth. Did you decide that they just wouldn't work & now you have some buyers remorse over the purchase?
Old 03-18-2009, 04:30 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LAEOJbyklI&NR=1
Old 03-18-2009, 05:05 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by JasonSmith

The new past time.
Old 03-18-2009, 05:13 PM
Registered

Received 421 Likes on 175 Posts

Originally Posted by JasonSmith
So, it sounds to me like the machine shop is the one to be pointing a finger at. Where is their measurement log? Who actually inventoried the pieces & parts as they came apart?
Tell the truth. Did you decide that they just wouldn't work & now you have some buyers remorse over the purchase?
When you unravel the stories, it sure seems like a bit of buyers remorse that kicked into high gear when the shop cracked the blocks.

Quick Reply: Purchase deal went wrong. Need Advice

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.