Purchase deal went wrong.  Need Advice >

Purchase deal went wrong. Need Advice

Notices

Purchase deal went wrong. Need Advice

Old 03-16-2009, 09:16 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Empire0007,

Jeff is as stand up as they come. I am calling BS on this one.

Jason
Old 03-16-2009, 10:30 AM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by BajaFresh
So you let the seller sit on something you want for 6 months so you can get a better price and you call it negotiation. But when you snooze too long and he sells them to somebody else you call it getting screwed? Then you're pissed because he informed you by e-mail instead of calling you? WTF, are you a 16 year old girl and got your feelings hurt? If it's business, it's business. Somebody else got the deal you didn't jump on. I don't see how this guy "screwed you over". He didn't sell you a bad part, you were not out any money, you just didn't get the deal you wanted. You may have a lot of friends and are a stand up guy but seems to me you are bashing a guy over something that was your own doing.
That's not what he said......

The problem was the seller going back and forth "we have a deal, sorry, another buyer, we have a deal, sorry another buyer". THEN not calling to tell him that he sold them to someone else less than 24 hours after he was told "we have a deal".
That would kinda pizz me off too. Domscott didn't bring this up until Empire started complaining that someone jerked him around on these motors (which the board seems to have alot of supporters for the sellers position as to condition)
Old 03-16-2009, 10:32 AM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So you let the seller sit on something you want for 6 months so you can get a better price and you call it negotiation. But when you snooze too long and he sells them to somebody else you call it getting screwed? Then you're pissed because he informed you by e-mail instead of calling you? WTF, are you a 16 year old girl and got your feelings hurt? If it's business, it's business. Somebody else got the deal you didn't jump on. I don't see how this guy "screwed you over". He didn't sell you a bad part, you were not out any money, you just didn't get the deal you wanted. You may have a lot of friends and are a stand up guy but seems to me you are bashing a guy over something that was your own doing.
Dominator Scott
Senior Member Join Date: Dec 2003

Don't do business with this person.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The person joined under the name Empire0007 and he joined this site to sell a set of Super Chillers. Well needless to say we negotiated a price and agreed to it just this morning and then he turns around and sold them to someone else and didn't even have the ballz to call me. He sent me an email after I tried calling him all day. WHAT A FREAKIN" DIRTBAG LOSER!!!!!!!.

This does seem to be some kind of bullchit. DS it seems like you owe empire an apology IMO
Old 03-16-2009, 11:20 AM
Registered

Received 63 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by t500hps
That's not what he said......

The problem was the seller going back and forth "we have a deal, sorry, another buyer, we have a deal, sorry another buyer". THEN not calling to tell him that he sold them to someone else less than 24 hours after he was told "we have a deal".
That would kinda pizz me off too. Domscott didn't bring this up until Empire started complaining that someone jerked him around on these motors (which the board seems to have alot of supporters for the sellers position as to condition)
Okay, so Empire vacillated on the deal until he got a better offer. Didn't DomScott do the same thing to him hoping to get a better price? And DomScott called it "negotiating" until the deal didn't go to his advantage. Domscott did not give ANY money to Empire and was not out anything except a little phone time "negotiating" yet feels the need to call Empire a freaking Dirtbag loser?

Seems like Empire is out a significant amount of money on motors and I still say Domscott is acting like a school girl. If Empire had sold him the chillers I'm sure he'd be bragging to his friends how he strung this guy along for 6 months until he got his lower price.

I don't know Domscott but if all you guys say he is a straight shooter then why the over reaction on a deal that never even went through? If Empire was on here complaining about how aguy was going to sell him some motors for $X and then ended up selling them to someone else for $X + $Y then I could see him saying something about Karma but like I said, DomScott didn't lose anything on the deal beside a little time. Get over it!
Old 03-16-2009, 12:05 PM
Registered

Okay, so Empire vacillated on the deal until he got a better offer. Didn't DomScott do the same thing to him hoping to get a better price? And DomScott called it "negotiating" until the deal didn't go to his advantage. Domscott did not give ANY money to Empire and was not out anything except a little phone time "negotiating" yet feels the need to call Empire a freaking Dirtbag loser?

Seems like Empire is out a significant amount of money on motors and I still say Domscott is acting like a school girl. If Empire had sold him the chillers I'm sure he'd be bragging to his friends how he strung this guy along for 6 months until he got his lower price.

I don't know Domscott but if all you guys say he is a straight shooter then why the over reaction on a deal that never even went through? If Empire was on here complaining about how aguy was going to sell him some motors for $X and then ended up selling them to someone else for $X + $Y then I could see him saying something about Karma but like I said, DomScott didn't lose anything on the deal beside a little time. Get over it!

I don't have a problem selling them for more money. I did have a problem calling me Friday morning saying we had a deal because his "other buyer" didn't come through and then hours later selling without letting me known until I called him 2-3 different times. This was the second time it occured because he had a buyer willing to pay more money. He sold them for more money and thats great for him.

I NEVER strung him along. I told him what I was willing to pay and just touched base once in a while to see if he wanted to lower his price. Until just recently he wasn't negotiable.

Anyways it's done and I'm over it. I'm going brand new and calling it a day.
Old 03-16-2009, 12:18 PM
Registered

Received 63 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Dominator Scott
I don't have a problem selling them for more money. I did have a problem calling me Friday morning saying we had a deal because his "other buyer" didn't come through and then hours later selling without letting me known until I called him 2-3 different times. This was the second time it occured because he had a buyer willing to pay more money. He sold them for more money and thats great for him.

I NEVER strung him along. I told him what I was willing to pay and just touched base once in a while to see if he wanted to lower his price. Until just recently he wasn't negotiable.

Anyways it's done and I'm over it. I'm going brand new and calling it a day.
DomScott:

I understand what you are saying. I would have been disappointed and the same thing has happened to me in the past. I just chock it up to buying and selling stuff through a private party. I'm not defending Empire but I just think you over reacted by calling him names and saying Karma was getting him. I think there is a big difference to what happened between you guys and getting ripped off for big $ on a pair of motors. Going new is always the best way if you can afford it. Sometimes it's cheaper!

I'm not sure why I'm even posting on here! I guess I'm having a slow work day.
Old 03-16-2009, 12:34 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,815 Likes on 903 Posts

Originally Posted by empire0007
Mike wrote:
empire007 is the buyer, Mario is my mechanic at SoCal Speed & Marine.
While I don't know anything about Socal Speed & Marine, from the looks of their website, it looks like they are more of performance maintanance shop that does performance upgrades and some rigging. I don't see anything about complete high performance engine rebuilds. I would guess that he subs out the actual engine builds.
http://so-calspeedmarine.com/

So, who is the actual engine builder, machine shop that he uses????

Last edited by Griff; 03-16-2009 at 12:38 PM.
Old 03-16-2009, 12:37 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,815 Likes on 903 Posts

Originally Posted by RunninHotRacing158
Who's COMPETITION MARINE ?

http://www.competitionmarine.net/Home.asp
Old 03-16-2009, 12:45 PM
Registered

Cool

DomScott:

I understand what you are saying. I would have been disappointed and the same thing has happened to me in the past. I just chock it up to buying and selling stuff through a private party. I'm not defending Empire but I just think you over reacted by calling him names and saying Karma was getting him. I think there is a big difference to what happened between you guys and getting ripped off for big $ on a pair of motors. Going new is always the best way if you can afford it. Sometimes it's cheaper!

I'm not sure why I'm even posting on here! I guess I'm having a slow work day.

I never posted anything about this situation on this thread. Another member posted the link from another site. I simply replied when I was being called a liar and was accused of not being able to afford them. I simply couldn't justify his price when I could buy brand new polished chillers for $500 more.
His were used and powdercoated Merc black but if the savings was enough. I could justify them. If I bought them they would of have to been disassembled, stripped down and polished to match my blowers and the rest of my motors.

Anyways it's over and done and I have moved on.
Old 03-16-2009, 12:49 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Quick Reply: Purchase deal went wrong. Need Advice

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.