Purchase deal went wrong. Need Advice

Notices

Purchase deal went wrong. Need Advice

Old 03-14-2009, 08:40 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DKerns
Like stated above, "can't trust anyone anymore".......

Kinda like a Super Chiller deal I heard about!!

http://www.speedwake.com/upload/show...threadid=60162

Last edited by scottw; 03-14-2009 at 08:43 AM.
Old 03-14-2009, 08:44 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Empire007 just got a taste of karma since he screwed over a guy on Sunsation's site for a set of super chillers. DominatorScott is on other boards and is well respected on Sunsation's site (and has the fastest 32 Sunsation out there, 114mph I believe) so I would say this Empire is a scammer.
http://sunsationboats.com/forums/sho...ed=1#post34775
Old 03-14-2009, 08:51 AM
Registered

use the extra money you got for the superchillers towards fixing your motas....and try and learn something from all this don't ask for support when you've screwed the pooch!
Old 03-14-2009, 09:07 AM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

I was thinking if they are the 588's that came out of certain skater at LOTO I find it hard to believe the engines had issues since the guy is about as meticulous as they come. That why I was curious which ones they are.
Old 03-14-2009, 10:18 AM
The Senior Charter Member #1070
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by baywatch
I was thinking if they are the 588's that came out of certain skater at LOTO I find it hard to believe the engines had issues since the guy is about as meticulous as they come. That why I was curious which ones they are.
Not to mention the fact that the Skater ran several mid 140mph passes in the Shootout the last time it was out. I agree the seller is about as meticulous as they come and one of the most standup guys I know. Definitely a man of his word... Correct me if I am wrong, but the engines in question were listed at $60k fresh and then lowered to $30k and you can rebuild them. You opted to purchase them for the lower amount and rebuild them yourself. Engines were also complete less exhaust and you paid ten cents on the dollar for them. So.... What's the problem..???
Regards
Old 03-14-2009, 10:31 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

I think that when buying used engines or a used boat with anything except stock Mercs (even that) you will not klnow what you have till you blow both of them up.

If I get 15 minutes out of used engines, whatever the person selling says I think I am ahead of the game...

Try to get good stuff on the outside what you can inspect and pray for what's inside....
Old 03-14-2009, 11:45 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

You bought USED 1000hp engines that would normally sell for 100k+ new. You took a chance on a great deal and now you are complaining because you have to invest more than you bargained for on the rebuilds. Is there any way the seller could have known about the internal engine problems??? I highly doubt it.
Those engines were running when they were removed. I have known the seller for several years. He is a straight shooter, no bs guy.
Old 03-14-2009, 12:21 PM
The Illustrious One
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here's the deal anything high perf has the 5/50 warranty

5 minutes or 50 feet whichever comes first....Do your due diligence because again anything hipo is a shorto live theoretically speaking
Old 03-14-2009, 01:13 PM
Registered

I had a pair of super chiller for sale for last three months, Dominator Scoot is been asking for them for the past two months and he has been going back and forth with the deal and got me down to a low price and then he wanted to pay with a credit card, which i don't accept and then with three different cards. I finally got a buyer for full price and told scott if her wants it, would be full price of listed, he indicated, no and i told him my deal will go through on Friday 12:00 p.m., if it does not it's his. My deal went through. I did not screw anyone over, Scott should have jumped on it and it would have been his. You got the wrong story my man.

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Empire007 just got a taste of karma since he screwed over a guy on Sunsation's site for a set of super chillers. DominatorScott is on other boards and is well respected on Sunsation's site (and has the fastest 32 Sunsation out there, 114mph I believe) so I would say this Empire is a scammer.
http://sunsationboats.com/forums/sho...ed=1#post34775
Old 03-14-2009, 01:17 PM
Registered

Mike wrote:
Here is the letter from my mechanic. I don't care of internall parts. Yes, they were used and needed a rebuilt, but both blocks being cracked and looks like someone had done the scam inside the motor as well. Read the report from my mechanic, it will explain if it all.

Hi Mike,

Yesterday I went over to the machine shop to check the satus of your engines. I was not very happy when I saw the results. After boring the blocks we found two cracks in each block, in the same place ob both blocks. In cylinder # 3 & 5 about half way down. The strange part is that they are staight lines in a circular direction ( the do not follow the direction of the piston-up and down). Pete (the machinist) has never seen a crack in this form before, after consulting with other machine shops and myself, we decided that it is too risky to try to sleeve the block. We are afraid that the block will try to separate, the deck from the bottom. It is our conclusion that the engines had water in them at freezing temps which caused the cracks.

After further inspection of the rods and pistons, we found a large dent in one piston. The funny thing there is that there was nothing in the block or oil pan that could have caused this. My thought is that the engine had a failure at some point and they did a half-ass repair, removing the broken part and bolting it back together.

These engines are a mess! The valve seats are severely pitted as well as the valves (in the cylinders that are cracked). We can not identify what brand of rods are in the engines, they appear to be an inferior rod for the application. The crankshafts are forged, not billet. This is fine for an eight to nine hundred horse power engine but not twelve hundred. I think that someone has sustituted good parts with junk! We checked the CC's on the pistons, they measured at 33 ccs. This will put the compression at around 10 to 1. Way too high for a supercharged pleasure boat application! This motor should be at about 8 to 1. I am glad we decided to tear down the engines. If we had bolted them in and ran them as is, they probably wouldn't have lasted through the fist day!

At this point we are giong to need to replace the the valve seats, rods, pistons and blocks. I have attatched a picture of one of the blocks with the dye check on it ( the red lines indicate the cracks) and a picture of one of the cylinder heads (showing the pitting from water) I am working on getting together an estimate for you . Talk to you soon .
Thanks
Mario

Originally Posted by Griff
You bought USED 1000hp engines that would normally sell for 100k+ new. You took a chance on a great deal and now you are complaining because you have to invest more than you bargained for on the rebuilds. Is there any way the seller could have known about the internal engine problems??? I highly doubt it.
Those engines were running when they were removed. I have known the seller for several years. He is a straight shooter, no bs guy.

Quick Reply: Purchase deal went wrong. Need Advice

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.