Purchase deal went wrong. Need Advice

Notices

Purchase deal went wrong. Need Advice

Old 03-14-2009, 01:52 PM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by BAJA WILL
It never fails to amaze me, anything over 3K I inspect myself. Purchased two used High HP motors AND NO ONE WENT THROUGH THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you buy them and their messed up I feel for you, but without a 3rd party or your own inspection how do you know???

and I got to ask, you claim blocks cracked, how did you discover this, before or after you ran them??? if after how do you know you didn't break them???

Whole story sounds fishy to me
(I understand "empire007"'s post to mean 2 different shops have been inside these motors now but they have not been run yet). So, how do you know the machine shop, or mechanic isn't the one that has switched stuff or cracked the blocks trying to "clean" them up. IMO, Already too many people involved to really place blame on any one party.

I've seen posts from Dominatorscott for a number of years on SW and remember him talking about possibly buying superchillers awhile ago. I believe the C.C. thing could be the truth, but I've never seen anything to suggest he's tried to screw around with anyone or been less than honest. That he tried to negotiate the price down.......I think we all do that. It's the OK, sorry another buyer, OK, sorry another buyer stuf that bothered him (and not that you sold them for more money elsewhere).
Old 03-14-2009, 01:53 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by empire0007
Scott, i have all the emails and to prove what and ******* you are, with the deal, i will look and find the emails on Monday, so i could prove that there was no deal, until i would call you on Friday by 12:00 p.m. if my other deal did not go through, which it did, so how did we have a deal, when you have been going back and forth for past two months and never had the money and at the end, you indicated you had to only use a credit card and then you had split it up into three different cards. Come on, your a big man, what the F***k are youy talking about. I will put the emails for everyone, so they know about the truth.

First things first. I have always had the $$$$$ but you wanted too much in my opinion. 2nd when you initially told me you had a buyer for the full amount after the we agreed on a price I said I would pass and to sell them. But what chaps my azz is when we spoke yesterday morning you said your buyer didn't come through and they were mine then you sell them anyways and don't even have the ballz to call me and tell me. Instead you send me an email 4 hours later like a spineless wuss. No class.

Lastly I had arrangements with So Cal Speed and Marine to pay with a credit card so there was some record of payment and legal recourse if you screwed me over. I sure as hell wasn't gonna send you a check on faith. My gut told me to cover my azz on this deal and I guess my gut was right. Actually I should probably thankyou because now I don't have to wonder if I am buying someone elses problems like you obviously have with your motors.

Again,I don't care that you sold them for more money. But you should of at least been a man and called me to let me know you were backing out on our deal which YOU agreed to just yesterday. Or are you gonna sit there and tell me you didn't tell me we had a deal yesterday?
Old 03-14-2009, 02:34 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,815 Likes on 903 Posts

Jeff didn't build those engines and I know he certainly never had them completely disassembled and the blocks magnafluxed. The engines were never out of the boat until he sold it. I do not believe he ever had a head off. I'm pretty sure the engines were built by Competition Marine. They were in his Skater when he bought it.
Old 03-14-2009, 02:42 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Also to make another note to your friend. If his not a BS person, he would have cooperated with me as well. I am taking full legal action on him, and my attorney has already contacted him, and he has denyied everything, that the motors were in good running condition as they were in his boat. This is not an answer, the motors could not even lasted for one minute. He pulled a good one and i will make sure this would not happen to anyone else in this group. Being a Private Investigator, i will not tolerate this. If you would have come clean and indicated that he is out of money, like he told he his house is on foreclosure and he has not money. Well BS he has lot's assets, just one of his cars is over 100K
WoW sorry to hear of your problems , were these the purple motors listed on OSO Classifieds ??? if they are im glad i walked from that deal..
Old 03-14-2009, 03:21 PM
Registered

Mike wrote:
Yes, we did have the motors checked. The seller had his motors at Kinser Racing, a gentelmen by the name of Mark, he went through it and did a leak down and had my mechanic in touch with him, based on Mark, the motors were in great shape, a little oil leak, but nothing major. He indicated that they are strong motors and you just need a top end job on it. I am thinking the Jeff (seller) & Mark (Kinser Racing) both new what was going on and just wanted this deal to go through.

The motors were never placed in the boat, i was planning to rebuilt the entier motors from top to bottom and even we had to change evrything was were all bad, at the end we noticed the crack. Motors were never ran or put in any boat, they went straight to the engine builder and very well known person in southern california boating industry.

Originally Posted by BAJA WILL
It never fails to amaze me, anything over 3K I inspect myself. Purchased two used High HP motors AND NO ONE WENT THROUGH THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you buy them and their messed up I feel for you, but without a 3rd party or your own inspection how do you know???

and I got to ask, you claim blocks cracked, how did you discover this, before or after you ran them??? if after how do you know you didn't break them???

Whole story sounds fishy to me
Old 03-14-2009, 03:30 PM
Registered

Scott we could go back and forth, you knew i had a second buyer for my full price listing, and i told you if it does not go though i will let you know. I called you on Friday and indicated i ma heading to my mechanic and i should be there around 12:00 p.m. and I WILL LET YOU KNOW AT THAT TIME. I emailed you back at 2:00 p.m. indicating that i had sold the chillers, so what is the problem. Don't forget i have over dozen email and calls from you regarding the chillers from two months ago and if you did have the money you would have purchased them. Second i am selling the chillers, not my mechanic and i never had anything set up with my mechanic of his getting the credit card from you, it was your deal, not mine. Looks like you were going behind my back with my mechanic as well. I spoke to my mechanic and even he indicated that using three different credit card sounds fisssshyyyyy. Anyway, we could go on and on, but if you want to keep going, then i will pull all the emails and calls and prove that i did what an honest buyer would do.

nator Scott;2821183]First things first. I have always had the $$$$$ but you wanted too much in my opinion. 2nd when you initially told me you had a buyer for the full amount after the we agreed on a price I said I would pass and to sell them. But what chaps my azz is when we spoke yesterday morning you said your buyer didn't come through and they were mine then you sell them anyways and don't even have the ballz to call me and tell me. Instead you send me an email 4 hours later like a spineless wuss. No class.

Lastly I had arrangements with So Cal Speed and Marine to pay with a credit card so there was some record of payment and legal recourse if you screwed me over. I sure as hell wasn't gonna send you a check on faith. My gut told me to cover my azz on this deal and I guess my gut was right. Actually I should probably thankyou because now I don't have to wonder if I am buying someone elses problems like you obviously have with your motors.

Again,I don't care that you sold them for more money. But you should of at least been a man and called me to let me know you were backing out on our deal which YOU agreed to just yesterday. Or are you gonna sit there and tell me you didn't tell me we had a deal yesterday?[/QUOTE]
Old 03-14-2009, 03:48 PM
Registered

Scott we could go back and forth, you knew i had a second buyer for my full price listing, and i told you if it does not go though i will let you know. I called you on Friday and indicated i ma heading to my mechanic and i should be there around 12:00 p.m. and I WILL LET YOU KNOW AT THAT TIME. I emailed you back at 2:00 p.m. indicating that i had sold the chillers, so what is the problem. Don't forget i have over dozen email and calls from you regarding the chillers from two months ago and if you did have the money you would have purchased them. Second i am selling the chillers, not my mechanic and i never had anything set up with my mechanic of his getting the credit card from you, it was your deal, not mine. Looks like you were going behind my back with my mechanic as well. I spoke to my mechanic and even he indicated that using three different credit card sounds fisssshyyyyy. Anyway, we could go on and on, but if you want to keep going, then i will pull all the emails and calls and prove that i did what an honest buyer would do.

nator Scott;2821183]First things first. I have always had the $$$$$ but you wanted too much in my opinion. 2nd when you initially told me you had a buyer for the full amount after the we agreed on a price I said I would pass and to sell them. But what chaps my azz is when we spoke yesterday morning you said your buyer didn't come through and they were mine then you sell them anyways and don't even have the ballz to call me and tell me. Instead you send me an email 4 hours later like a spineless wuss. No class.

Again,I don't care that you sold them for more money. But you should of at least been a man and called me to let me know you were backing out on our deal which YOU agreed to just yesterday. Or are you gonna sit there and tell me you didn't tell me we had a deal yesterday?
[/QUOTE]

Whatever. I am going through Teague on Monday for new ones and that will be the end of it. We could go back and forth all day and it wouldn't make a difference. But paying for them with a credit card leaves a paper trail that can be tracked and credited back if something went wrong.
I distinctly asked you yesterday if we had a deal and you said yes. You simply sold them for more money because you found some round head that was willing to pay it and that was your right to do so. But you should have had the decency to call and tell me right then. Not send some weak azz email 2-3 hours later after I tried calling you 2-3 different times.

By the way Mario okayed the credit card payment and was just gonna pay you direct so how I payed for them should have made no difference to you. There was NO WAY IN HELL I was goona send a cashiers check for over 2K to someone I don't know and never even seen what I am buying. You wouldn't either and if you did you would be a total idiot.
By the way, don't spend that extra $300 you got from the other guy in one place. But judging what you have posted about your motors,your gonna need every last nickle you can get.

I'm done with this and done with you so later.

Last edited by Dominator Scott; 03-14-2009 at 03:52 PM.
Old 03-14-2009, 04:08 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Whatever. I am going through Teague on Monday for new ones and that will be the end of it. We could go back and forth all day and it wouldn't make a difference. But paying for them with a credit card leaves a paper trail that can be tracked and credited back if something went wrong.
I distinctly asked you yesterday if we had a deal and you said yes. You simply sold them for more money because you found some round head that was willing to pay it and that was your right to do so. But you should have had the decency to call and tell me right then. Not send some weak azz email 2-3 hours later after I tried calling you 2-3 different times.

By the way Mario okayed the credit card payment and was just gonna pay you direct so how I payed for them should have made no difference to you. There was NO WAY IN HELL I was goona send a cashiers check for over 2K to someone I don't know and never even seen what I am buying. You wouldn't either and if you did you would be a total idiot.
By the way, don't spend that extra $300 you got from the other guy in one place. But judging what you have posted about your motors,your gonna need every last nickle you can get.

I'm done with this and done with you so later.[/QUOTE]

There was NO WAY IN HELL I was goona send a cashiers check for over 2K to someone I don't know and never even seen what I am buying. You wouldn't either and if you did you would be a total idiot.
WOW !!!!!!
Really ??? i've done checks,wires,paypals,cash in a fed ex envelope and recieved the same from buyers with no probs BIG DADDY ....
Old 03-14-2009, 04:15 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

It was from an individual, His name was Jeff Brozovich. I will find the add that was listed in Classifieds
Yep, Very meticulous person and standup guy. Whole things sounds fishy to me as well.
Old 03-14-2009, 07:54 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dominator Scott
My gut told me to cover my azz on this deal and I guess my gut was right. Actually I should probably thankyou because now I don't have to wonder if I am buying someone elses problems like you obviously have with your motors.
Ouch ... That HAD to hurt.

Have you guys heard that song by Justin Timberlake ? "What Comes Around Goes Around".

Quick Reply: Purchase deal went wrong. Need Advice

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.