Purchase deal went wrong.  Need Advice >

Purchase deal went wrong. Need Advice

Notices

Purchase deal went wrong. Need Advice

Old 03-17-2009, 08:59 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Griff
So you think 850's won't break drives???? LOL. You better buy 4 drives.

Actually, the only thing you know is what you were TOLD by your mechanic. All your mechanic knows is what he was TOLD and possibly shown by his machine shop.
LMAO!!! Actually what he should do Is only buy 2 sets of drives from two different sellers and then once he smokes the first set he can come on OSO and tell the world that he got screwed and demand his money back for the next set that he has already purchased.

He would first have to take the drives to his mechanic who would inturn take them to his drive shop. But eventually he could get an email stating that drives were at their failure point at the time of purchase. He could then threaten the seller and tell him that if he wasn't compensated he would call his attorney.
Old 03-17-2009, 09:16 PM
The Senior Charter Member #1070
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Skullkrusher
You gotta be friggin kidding me. You buy used motors, send them to a shop which then sends them to an outside machine shop. They get dismantled, then bored and now you want your money back? Good luck with that.
I agree 100%... Good luck!!!
Old 03-17-2009, 09:26 PM
Registered

Received 421 Likes on 175 Posts

Originally Posted by empire0007
Last I spoke with the seller, he indicated he had spend all the money, his house is up for forclosure, and his in bad shape, but when i did my investigation, noticed several vehicles, all nice cars, one being a MBZ 600SL, two nice house. Your Answer, nothing has been resolved. My attorny called him as well and his pushing my into the legal system, which i will be taking, unless he comes forward and offter something to keep me happy, or take the motors back
I am confused to what any of this matters? I am also very confused on the accuracy of your accusations. I would also guess that your lawyer would have told you not to spread all of your accusations on this open forum, if you have even taken this to one at all. Better yet, take this out of the forum, shut up, and take him to court! The one thing that I can assure you is that the courtroom will be stuffed full of people that have had dealings with him over the years ready to testify. Good luck with your endeavors.

Now, back to those super chillers..........how did that end up working out?
Old 03-17-2009, 10:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, this may be my first post on here but I just cant let this one go. I have to interject my thoughts which I fully realize mean zip to anybody.

It seems like this engine deal is not the first issue you have had with internet transactions so I tend to believe it's something with you not them.

The people who speak highly of Jeff and his reputation speak the truth.

This guy has built more reliable horsepower by accident than most people have on purpose.

You call yourself an Investigator? Whoop-di-do! Your "facts" are skewed. Don't be so self indulgent, I have ChoicePoint too, big deal.

And finally you want to run that much hp in a 33 Outlaw with" Bravo" drives?

For what you paid for those engines you got back in parts. Get over it.

I think you're the one thats cracked, not the blocks.

I'll go back to lurking now.

Last edited by bustag; 03-17-2009 at 10:19 PM.
Old 03-17-2009, 10:18 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Tbonepmp
I agree 100%... Good luck!!!
I see your 100% and raise you 100%
Old 03-17-2009, 10:43 PM
Registered

Mike wrote:
Love this forum, it's amussing me reading all the different postings. Regarding the Chillers, it was sold to the person on Friday.

Originally Posted by 36Tango
I am confused to what any of this matters? I am also very confused on the accuracy of your accusations. I would also guess that your lawyer would have told you not to spread all of your accusations on this open forum, if you have even taken this to one at all. Better yet, take this out of the forum, shut up, and take him to court! The one thing that I can assure you is that the courtroom will be stuffed full of people that have had dealings with him over the years ready to testify. Good luck with your endeavors.

Now, back to those super chillers..........how did that end up working out?
Old 03-18-2009, 07:12 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Your only recourse here is if the seller knowingly sold defective motors...good luck proving that. How is anybody supposed to know if there is a defect in an engine unless it gets totally broken down? There is inherent risk buying anything that is used, especially a finicky high performance marine engine. Perform due diligence to inspect as much as is reasonable then accept the risk which is what seems that you did, the rest is just back luck. Stop trying to look to others for you misfortunes, that's part of what's wrong with this society.
Old 03-18-2009, 09:24 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bustag
Wow, this may be my first post on here but I just cant let this one go. I have to interject my thoughts which I fully realize mean zip to anybody.

It seems like this engine deal is not the first issue you have had with internet transactions so I tend to believe it's something with you not them.

The people who speak highly of Jeff and his reputation speak the truth.

This guy has built more reliable horsepower by accident than most people have on purpose.

You call yourself an Investigator? Whoop-di-do! Your "facts" are skewed. Don't be so self indulgent, I have ChoicePoint too, big deal.

And finally you want to run that much hp in a 33 Outlaw with" Bravo" drives?

For what you paid for those engines you got back in parts. Get over it.

I think you're the one thats cracked, not the blocks.

I'll go back to lurking now.
This guy has built more reliable horsepower by accident than most people have on purpose. ????

I'm trying to understand this , So the seller was a engine bldr ?
Old 03-18-2009, 09:30 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I know Jeff. I have bought stuff from him in the past & never, never had a single issue with anything from him.
I know those engines were in running condition at the Shootout year before last. I was on the dock when the oil was changed in them & they were tuned up before the Skater that the engines were in was ran in the Shootout. They were 100% then. Boat ran 140+mph.
Jeff is Mr. Meticulous. If it was even questionable for condition, it was replaced. He is not one to abuse his toys.
I have a VERY hard time believing your story. Especially since I consider Jeff a friend & given my past EXCELLENT experience in business dealings with him.
Old 03-18-2009, 09:34 AM
Registered

Maybe I missed it but have any pictures been shown yet? Seems that would help with the indentification. Not to mention most good engine builders stamp a build code right into the block.

Quick Reply: Purchase deal went wrong. Need Advice

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.