Dean Louckes Art of Design

Notices

Dean Louckes Art of Design

Old 03-15-2009, 06:46 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,743 Likes on 1,231 Posts

Here's what I know:

1. I've been "up close and personal" with many, many of Dean Loucks/TAOD paint jobs and the work has been impeccable (even when it's not my taste).

2. I've met and interviewed Dean Loucks several times over the years and spent time with him, and he's never been anything but gracious and approachable.

3. I've met many of his customers and not one has said a negative word to me about his work.

It doesn't mean Dean Loucks/TAOD is incapable of making a mistake or having a dissatisfied customer. No one is. But his track record, at least in the high-end boat graphics world, is as strong as anyone's.

Hope this helps.
Old 03-15-2009, 09:20 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt Trulio
Here's what I know:

1. I've been "up close and personal" with many, many of Dean Loucks/TAOD paint jobs and the work has been impeccable (even when it's not my taste).

2. I've met and interviewed Dean Loucks several times over the years and spent time with him, and he's never been anything but gracious and approachable.

3. I've met many of his customers and not one has said a negative word to me about his work.

It doesn't mean Dean Loucks/TAOD is incapable of making a mistake or having a dissatisfied customer. No one is. But his track record, at least in the high-end boat graphics world, is as strong as anyone's.

Hope this helps.

Well put and very true. He does some amazing work.
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 03-15-2009, 11:35 PM
PF Marine
Platinum Member

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

dean has some of the coolest paint layouts imo.
Old 03-15-2009, 11:55 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dean has done many paint jobs and detail work in my group,He is at this time working on our new 50 skater project.he always get the job done on time and on budget...Bob
Old 03-16-2009, 07:50 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 36 Likes on 10 Posts

Dean did a ton of work to my boat in January. It wasn't cheap, but worth every penny. Everything I wanted was done and done perfectly. Was there a little over a month. Sanded all the clear off, fixed every single scratch and re-cleared. Painted some other parts and I was very happy with the design. Also fixed some fiberglass on the hatch.

Would use him again.
Old 03-16-2009, 08:16 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 36 Likes on 10 Posts

Here's his work.
Attached Thumbnails Dean Louckes Art of Design-pibpoker51-medium-.jpg   Dean Louckes Art of Design-split%2520decision%25208-16-08%2520031-medium-.jpg   Dean Louckes Art of Design-p1010058-medium-.jpg  

Old 03-16-2009, 08:28 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

At Typhoon we had Dean paint 2 boats (38zrc and the 36'Nor Tech Perfect Storm) and Dean is nothing short of amazing when it comes to creation of the design, to the paint job itself to the follow up after.

If everyone followed Dean's business manner in the performance boating industry there would be no one to b*tch about.

1st Class = Dean Louchs
Old 03-16-2009, 11:12 AM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Get Real
Customer. I have spent a considerable amount of $$$ at his shop. Not at all thrilled with the last project and outcome.

Really did not want to get into a pissing match with everyone, I was just interested to see if anyone else had any issues.
Gary,

I hate to hear that you are not happy with the results of your latest project with TOAD, but coming on OSO to publically air out your problems should be a last resort.

If this IS your last resort, giving a few details about the problem might get someone that had similar issues to post how they resolved them, or if they were resolved.

People come here ALL THE TIME, with new accounts trying to be anonymous, and post about respected business' without putting a name or details with it. The members here are NOT friendly with these types for obvious reasons. You HAD to expect some type of negativity, or questioning by bringing such a high profile painter's business into question.
Old 03-16-2009, 11:54 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BLee
Gary,

I hate to hear that you are not happy with the results of your latest project with TOAD, but coming on OSO to publically air out your problems should be a last resort.

If this IS your last resort, giving a few details about the problem might get someone that had similar issues to post how they resolved them, or if they were resolved.

People come here ALL THE TIME, with new accounts trying to be anonymous, and post about respected business' without putting a name or details with it. The members here are NOT friendly with these types for obvious reasons. You HAD to expect some type of negativity, or questioning by bringing such a high profile painter's business into question.
Dam you should write for Spielberg..... VERY well Put !!!!
Old 03-16-2009, 02:01 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is funny, This guy obviously wanted this to turn into a thread bashing Dean and TAOD. He wasn't going to do it but he was hoping others would. It turns out to be exactly the opposite. Its pretty clear Dean does great work and takes care of his customers as a rule.

Quick Reply: Dean Louckes Art of Design

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.