Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
How many Lk St Clair regulars do we have on this board? >

How many Lk St Clair regulars do we have on this board?

Notices

How many Lk St Clair regulars do we have on this board?

Old 03-15-2002, 06:54 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How many Lk St Clair regulars do we have on this board?

Hi All,

Like everyone else, with each day that passes I'm getting more and more geared up for another great season of beer, women,beer, blown out drives, beer, low water levels, beer,and fun out on Lake St Clair. My problem is as Summer grows closer I'm realizing that my regular "boating crew" has slowly dwindled do to marriage and new/young children. Not that it's ever a problem to find people to hit the water, but I need to expand my boating circle! I missed the last gathering at Gilberts, any future plans for another meeting? fun runs? Jobbie Nooner?

Thanks Again!!!
Old 03-15-2002, 07:25 PM
Registered

There will be another meeting probably towards the end of April.

I'm really looking forward to spring and getting boat out. Have someone interested in buying boat and then I'll have to scramble to get another boat for the season.

Oh, our new baby is coming with us on the boat!!
Old 03-18-2002, 05:23 PM
Registered

I'm a regular on the lake!
I too am loosing boating friends due to some of the selling , one persons got stolen ,and a couple of marriages.
The good thing is with the OSO get togethers I have also met some new people so hopefully we can all get together in the summer.
Old 03-18-2002, 06:09 PM
Registered

Does a Lake St. Clair wanna-be count?? My wife wants to move there more than I can say...

Steve
Old 03-18-2002, 06:13 PM
Registered

What's up Steve,
Why don't you like it here? Don't say the cold winters... we don't have them anymore
If and when you move here buy a snowmobile, that way it will insure that we don't have any snow or cold weather !!
Old 03-18-2002, 07:04 PM
Registered

I have to second that .....I have many friends who are now confined to a riding mower on a saturday..sunday.. Went by Browns today looking at a construction site thinking that in a couple of months that place will be rocking with all of the Harsens Island Milita. What 40 days till we can really put a boat in???
Old 03-18-2002, 07:15 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 13 Likes on 2 Posts

have a house on harsens island hope to put the boat in and use it a little more around the islands and maybe a trip downriver.if water comes up have a may be able to get small boat out of boathouse 1st time in two years!!
Old 03-18-2002, 07:20 PM
Registered

Well...I'm not big on change...especially a BIG move like that!!
When is the boating season ( assuming you dont have heat system on the boat )!!

Maybe I'll have to make a snowmobile part of the deal?!?!? I like the idea of big fresh water lakes (kinda like the Chesapeake Bay) .

I'd have to start over and find a job, too...like loosing my security blanket!! That's the biggest thing.
Old 03-18-2002, 08:14 PM
Registered

The season here usually starts end of April and lasts until early October, there are some die hards that are out earlier and later.
Although that is all subject to change, one thing you will learn if you move here is if you don't like the weather wait 24 hours, it will change
especially when the seasons are changing.
I remember an early April Friday eating lunch at a coney island sitting outside (70degrees) and from there driving 7 hours up north to go snowmobiling(low 20's) I also remember high 60's in Feb. a year ago. So things change quite a bit here.
I do think you would like it. I hear you about the job thing though, that is what would keep me here.
Old 03-18-2002, 10:19 PM
Registered

96Vyper I'm looking forward to the next meeting, please post the details. Good luck on selling the boat, I just sold my 99' 29' Enticer (loved the PQ, trying a Sunsation this time around). I had the same worries as you with regard to running around to find a new ride for the season. Fortunately, the boat gods were smiling on me and I pick up the new baby on Sat.

26Scarab That sucks your buddies boat was jacked! Hopefully the insurance won't screw him around to much. I pln on making it to the next OSO meeting, would love to meet you guys. I'm on the water almost every weekend!!!

Formula1 Your wife has the right idea, we'd love to have you guys up here!!! Winters here are getting warmer, now all we need is a little water in the damn lake and all will be great!

Powerqrudy 40 days and counting..... I had a little time to kill today before I had to meet with my accountant (I think I was just putting off the inevitable) so I took a ride around the marinas on W. Jefferson. I'd much rather be on the boat than the John Deer this summer!!!

tomcat I curious, what's the "small boat?"

Quick Reply: How many Lk St Clair regulars do we have on this board?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.