Notices

Super yacht predator

Old 03-22-2009, 02:56 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Super yacht predator

In December while in Palma de Mallorca I had the pleasure of being introduced to Greg Drewes Captain on the Yacht Predator a 238 foot feadship. What cool boat this thing is it is truely one of a kind, Greg also a very down to earth and straight up person. I was able to go on the Predator a few times on of which was for a Christmas dinner with Greg his wife and the crew and there families. It was a day that I wont forget here is a link to the Predator I will add some of my photos later...
Old 03-22-2009, 02:57 AM
Registered

here is a link to the Predator
http://www.superyachttimes.com/edito...rticle/id/2196
Old 03-22-2009, 01:05 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's bad ass man. Feadship is my overall favorite builder/designer.
Old 03-22-2009, 01:14 PM
Registered

Thumbs up

rhe axe bow makes it stand out even in Palma where there are yachts over 300 feet long more people were gathering around the Predator. I was really impressed with the powerplant 4 MTU totalling 23400 hp now that rock,s
Old 03-22-2009, 02:40 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 249 Likes on 136 Posts

Way cool.
Old 03-22-2009, 02:54 PM
Registered

Predator looks amazing, In December I had the pleasure of riding in Jim Morans Fiedship called The Galant Lady, to say I was extremely impressed is an understatement. They took us on a tour to explaine all the work and different woods and grains they used. Even the paintings that are in the vessel look like day when the daylight is on them and once its night time, they turn on the light above then they look like a painting in the night. The elavator floor was really nice to. We had a great time cruising up and down the intercoastal here in Ft.Lauderdale sipping wine and having horderves. I would love to see Predator it looks so much better.

Heres the link to The Galant Lady: http://www.superyachttimes.com/yachts/details/322/ the cool thing about Morans fiedship is the draft " Draught Max (ft): 7.05 " he had to be able to go to some islands in the bahamas that have real shallow water for this type of yacht and would not allow him to go unless he had little draft.

Last edited by lowblue320; 03-22-2009 at 03:07 PM.
Old 03-22-2009, 03:54 PM
Registered

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by lowblue320
Predator looks amazing, In December I had the pleasure of riding in Jim Morans Fiedship called The Galant Lady, to say I was extremely impressed is an understatement. They took us on a tour to explaine all the work and different woods and grains they used. Even the paintings that are in the vessel look like day when the daylight is on them and once its night time, they turn on the light above then they look like a painting in the night. The elavator floor was really nice to. We had a great time cruising up and down the intercoastal here in Ft.Lauderdale sipping wine and having horderves. I would love to see Predator it looks so much better.

Heres the link to The Galant Lady: http://www.superyachttimes.com/yachts/details/322/ the cool thing about Morans fiedship is the draft " Draught Max (ft): 7.05 " he had to be able to go to some islands in the bahamas that have real shallow water for this type of yacht and would not allow him to go unless he had little draft.
I was at the Riverwatch in Florida about 10 years ago and the Galant Lady was parked there. The owner of it was standing on the dock and took the time to talk to us and gave us a tour. I was about 10 years old at the time and it is one of the coolest memories I have! Great guy!
Old 03-22-2009, 05:24 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Perlmudder
I was at the Riverwatch in Florida about 10 years ago and the Galant Lady was parked there. The owner of it was standing on the dock and took the time to talk to us and gave us a tour. I was about 10 years old at the time and it is one of the coolest memories I have! Great guy!
The cool thing about this boat is that he keeps it across the street from his house along with a 63 foot sport fishing yacht and a big Tiara. The property has a big two story building were the 14 person crew live. His house is across the street on the beach. He also has another Fiedship that I believe is a bit smaller.This boat has won many awards. After we spent the afternoon on the boat when we arrived they handed us a magazine that is all about the boat, even the bags were printed the name of the boat.
Old 03-22-2009, 09:47 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by BLee
That's bad ass man. Feadship is my overall favorite builder/designer.
That's WAAAYYY to cool to dock at the WHITE HOUSE.
Old 03-22-2009, 10:35 PM
Registered

Nice!

Quick Reply: Super yacht predator

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.