Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Serious question - what does it cost to sponsor a race boat? >

Serious question - what does it cost to sponsor a race boat?

Notices

Serious question - what does it cost to sponsor a race boat?

Old 03-21-2009, 04:29 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

Please no one take offense to this but.....Offering to do this for free KILLS any and all sponsorship value to all the other teams and the credability of our sport and it's teams......
Old 03-21-2009, 04:34 PM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks guys and I'll start calling you this week - again we're thinking at this point, just thinking.

Dreamer - you have my PM
Old 03-21-2009, 04:48 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HabanaJoe
Dreamer,

I understand the bang for the buck and I know as good as anyone there is no TV with this. But the price for a car that gets TV coverage is high, very high. I think this could be cool and I have t read all my PM's now, but again I'm thinking if we could swing this - maybe it would be cool????
there is TV out there... it isn't nascar or formula one, but OSS does run on www.amercianpowerboat.tv and broadcasts it on fox sports....
Old 03-21-2009, 06:02 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Why sponsor one boat , I have 30 boat deal for you under $5000 + race sites.

Mike
Old 03-21-2009, 09:32 PM
Registered

for P1 I was looking for 5k for a main sponsor (prime side placement plus deck) per race. for multi race deals I would have worked a better deal, plus logo on racing shirts/hats passing out apparel or samples at race sites, banners on the truck, pits, and always mentioning your company first at post race interviews and to anyone was can.
That would also leave the rear of the boat for a secondary/race site sponsor. for 8k per race in a multi race deal I would have let you paint the boat however you like.

Ryan was right, offering to give away sponsorships ruins it for others that may need that $ to make races. Plus companies dont take the sport seriously and will always be looking for a freebee. I only did 5 races last year do to no sponsors, and currently dont have any planned this year until I find something, but I still wouldnt give it away.

The added benefit to sponsoring a boat isnt during the race. Its before and after and press. Going to local events to draw a crowd, using it in other advertising, or just driving around town as a giant billboard. Plus endless exposure on the web and mags. (we were in HotBoat last year). Pay for the racing and you get this as part of the deal.

Last edited by LostinBoston; 03-21-2009 at 09:47 PM.
Old 03-21-2009, 10:08 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by HabanaJoe
This is for real, I know the dollars that we got years ago with Buzzi for EBEL and CESA, etc and that was on a different scale than I'm talking.

I mean if I wanted a "P" class boat to have the big "Xfuel" on the side what does it cost? I want no involement with the boat, ie driving etc - just our name and the right to use it for promo.

You'll see on Google we've sponsored a Pro Wrestling series ISPW to get going again (great with video gamers) and we have about 60 PRO gaming girls (Team Foxy - not bad looking I might add!!!) aged 18- 28 under our banner as well and probably now another 12 guys who compete at the PRO level (MLG) wearing our stuff.

I like boats (no sh*t), so I think a big "Xfuel" would look cool and we definitely would get you press around the web, not in boating circles but video game circles.

What is this worth???

Again, please no dreaming, I'm serious as we deposited the 1st round of funding yesterday and there is more coming ever month - that part is insane, how people want to give us money to be part of this, it's crazy how it's going!
You may want to consider a Poker run boat. The way things are now, i think you would get as much if not more exposure. There are quite a few poker run boats that are more well known then a lot of race boats. There are 2 magaizines and 1 tv show that specialize in PRs. The rest of the high performance boat publications devote about half of their magazines to Poker runs. I got the Mercedes guys way more exposure then they ever bargained for. With things so bad in the car industry, Mercedes is having major cut back. i know my days are numbered with Mercedes . Just think how good Xfuel would look in place of Mercedes Benz of Delray!!!! I would love to talk about it!
Attached Thumbnails Serious question - what does it cost to sponsor a race boat?-powerboat-magazine.jpg  

Last edited by LubeJobs42; 03-21-2009 at 10:16 PM.
Old 03-22-2009, 12:06 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Back and forth accross the country for every race

I will jump in on this. I am on the highway between Lake Tahoe, CA and Biloxi, MS via Panama City, Florida. Talk about a rolling billboard. I run the boat in the POPRA events on the left coast as well. We are currently talking to one of you competitors but the deal is not in place yet.
Call me any time or come by our pit in Biloxi
530-525-1638
Old 03-22-2009, 10:21 AM
TeamTaboo
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just got home from Sebring 12hr. and was this post. Here is my cell # 561-324-0536 TABOO is looking for a sponsor for the 09 season, We have the boat, the crew and a winning record in SuperVee Unlimited and our 750 Super cat. This year we are only looking to run the Vee. Bill Mazzoni
Old 03-22-2009, 06:39 PM
Racer
Racer

Originally Posted by Ryan Beckley
Please no one take offense to this but.....Offering to do this for free KILLS any and all sponsorship value to all the other teams and the credability of our sport and it's teams......
Who said anything about free? He pays for a wrap and gets a premier boat in the largest US organization running in Super Vee Class with 7 other SVs.

Not to mention we race in his backyard.
Old 03-22-2009, 07:08 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I think Ryan means that you get nothing out of this deal. You're the racer and even if he pays for the wrap that gives you nothing toward your expenses. Which is what advertising is for. Therefore it's technically free advertising.

Quick Reply: Serious question - what does it cost to sponsor a race boat?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.