Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Serious question - what does it cost to sponsor a race boat? >

Serious question - what does it cost to sponsor a race boat?

Notices

Serious question - what does it cost to sponsor a race boat?

Old 03-21-2009, 11:52 AM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Serious question - what does it cost to sponsor a race boat?

This is for real, I know the dollars that we got years ago with Buzzi for EBEL and CESA, etc and that was on a different scale than I'm talking.

I mean if I wanted a "P" class boat to have the big "Xfuel" on the side what does it cost? I want no involement with the boat, ie driving etc - just our name and the right to use it for promo.

You'll see on Google we've sponsored a Pro Wrestling series ISPW to get going again (great with video gamers) and we have about 60 PRO gaming girls (Team Foxy - not bad looking I might add!!!) aged 18- 28 under our banner as well and probably now another 12 guys who compete at the PRO level (MLG) wearing our stuff.

I like boats (no sh*t), so I think a big "Xfuel" would look cool and we definitely would get you press around the web, not in boating circles but video game circles.

What is this worth???

Again, please no dreaming, I'm serious as we deposited the 1st round of funding yesterday and there is more coming ever month - that part is insane, how people want to give us money to be part of this, it's crazy how it's going!
Old 03-21-2009, 02:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Depends on the boat
Depends on the size of the decal
Depends on the desperation of the team
Depends on what you want from your sponsorship
Depends on how many races
etc
etc etc

The best thing to do is interview potential teams and tell them what you have in the budget and see what you will get in return for said amount
Old 03-21-2009, 03:00 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You pay for the wrap and you can wrap my entire Fountain. It will be at all the OPA races in 2009. When we priced it for another sponsor it was between 5-7500.
Old 03-21-2009, 03:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Wahoo ATV
You pay for the wrap and you can wrap my entire Fountain. It will be at all the OPA races in 2009. When we priced it for another sponsor it was between 5-7500.
Not to mention all the XFUEL you can drink

Maybe some XFUEL girls
Old 03-21-2009, 03:16 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Talk to Ryan Beckley.
Old 03-21-2009, 03:59 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Wahoo ATV
Holy Crap Dean! That's one heck of an offer. You would be willing to give up your whole boat for free? That is awesome! Habana Joe you better jump on that, I've seen that fountain run, it's always strong and looks good in the pits. You could send some of those XFuel girls around with Dean to hand out drinks in the pit areas. That would be great exposure.
Old 03-21-2009, 04:03 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

$ for $ u r better off in autoracing..... thats why there is money there... more exposure to a greater audience.... also most drivers are in great shape so u have a better spokes man... plus if u pick the right series u will have a better tv package...
Old 03-21-2009, 04:13 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

sent u a PM....
know of cross promotion/ gaming/ racing games
Old 03-21-2009, 04:23 PM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Dreamer,

I understand the bang for the buck and I know as good as anyone there is no TV with this. But the price for a car that gets TV coverage is high, very high. I think this could be cool and I have t read all my PM's now, but again I'm thinking if we could swing this - maybe it would be cool????

I know we need a smaller boat and team, back in the 80's with Buzzi, it was 7 figures for a season.

Xfuel is small, a start-up that is under 90 days old and hasn't put 1 bottle on the street yet (April 4th launch) and yet we're attracking money and everything out there on us is viral. So, our pockets our very shallow at this point.

Let's see where this goes maybe in 60 days we'll be ready to do something?
Old 03-21-2009, 04:26 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

Scotty B is right, every deal is different. You need to look at every aspect of the deal. What series do you want to market to. What class do you want to work with. What type of team do you want to represent your product. If you want to talk about different possibilities, I'd love to speak with you about it and our team. Call my shop any time 941-758-3303

Quick Reply: Serious question - what does it cost to sponsor a race boat?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.