Like Tree0Likes

Ocean City Maryland May 30-31 where to stay

Old 03-26-2009, 01:48 AM
Lynch Mob Racing
Platinum Member

My Boats: 39' Cigarette Top Gun, Donzi 22 Classic, 36 Yellowfin

Here is a picture of our oceanfront building during the races last year. Can you tell we have race fans in house? Thanks for the picture Sharkey!

Attached Thumbnails
Ocean City Maryland May 30-31 where to stay-p306404683-4.jpg  

Last edited by Hot Duck; 03-27-2009 at 04:30 PM.
Old 03-26-2009, 07:30 AM
Registered
Trade Score: (1)

My Boats: 20 Baja outlaw 15 boston whaler mischief,Donzi sweet 16 sold, 24 P&D sold, 22 Avanti sold, 16 superboat sold, 21 Eagle sold, Baja 226 sold,
Default roof

dont get too close to the edge on that roof!! lol
Old 03-26-2009, 06:18 PM
Lynch Mob Racing
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21eagle View Post
dont get too close to the edge on that roof!! lol
That is the Coast Guard up there with race control, Natural Resources Police and the Beach Patrol. They can see everything from the wet pits to the far end of the race course up there.
Old 03-26-2009, 07:44 PM
Registered

My Boats: 32 Dakota w/ 250 Yamaha OX66

yep, I grew up with Scott Battist, he is living in Ohio now with 3-4 kids, those guys were truly Not Right, some of the wildest stories in my life happened on 11st.

I have actually been out to your house, pitched shoes, digging for clams, etc.. good times,

small world, I'll have to look you up if I'm ever in OC

you should check out one of our Poker runs down here, were right in your backyard,

Pete
Old 03-30-2009, 11:31 PM
Registered

My Boats: 2002 30 spectre 500EFIs & 2009 Fountain CC twin 300 Verados

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racegirl3 View Post
Just gettin in and out the inlet is definitely entertaining
I love watching the Papa Dukes boat bounce around.
Looks fun but i bet it hurts.
Old 03-31-2009, 07:48 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Trade Score: (3)

My Boats: 28 Cigarette SS Race Edition
Default L M Shirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Duck View Post
It started with my great-grandparents and has been in the family since it opened in 1930. The original buildings have since been replaced, but there is still a lot of history here. We even have a few current staff members that worked for my grandparents and quite a few that worked for my parents.

It was my parents that started the Cabaret and Tres was my brother. He was three years older than I was, so he was legal then and could go out and have fun with you guys. Tres unfortunately passed away last May, but he will always be here in our hearts and minds. He was and always will be a huge part of the Commander Hotel.

Here are a few pictures from the 2007 races. The first one shows the south side of our deck on race day. Tres is actually in this picture. He is standing near the hostess station at the top of the stairs wearing a white t shirt and a dark blue, sleeveless windbreaker. The second picture shows the people on the beach just before the start of one of the races. Both pictures were shot from the balcony of one of our rooms by a member of this board, but I don't remember who sent them to me. As you can see from the pictures, there is plenty of room on the deck and the beach for all of you, so come to OC and get the racing season started with a bang!
Will - In the picture of the Commander deck, on the lower left of the picture I believe that is myself in the blue Lynch Mob Shirt and Purple cast on my leg.
I am trying to attend this year with zero broken limbs! How is your knee coming along? Barry
Old 04-14-2009, 01:52 AM
Lynch Mob Racing
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Right View Post
yep, I grew up with Scott Battist, he is living in Ohio now with 3-4 kids, those guys were truly Not Right, some of the wildest stories in my life happened on 11st.

I have actually been out to your house, pitched shoes, digging for clams, etc.. good times,

small world, I'll have to look you up if I'm ever in OC

you should check out one of our Poker runs down here, were right in your backyard,

Pete
I forgot about the pics until I came across this thread again, but I'll dig them up and get a few posted. Where can I find info for the poker runs down there. It would be a great place for a quick trip. Close enough to be convenient, but far enough from home to be a vacation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.C.Barry View Post
Will - In the picture of the Commander deck, on the lower left of the picture I believe that is myself in the blue Lynch Mob Shirt and Purple cast on my leg.
I am trying to attend this year with zero broken limbs! How is your knee coming along? Barry

My knee is pretty much back to normal. It took a few weeks, but I am pretty much 100% now.

Are you coming down for the races? OPA got the city to close the surf for the day so they could bring the races closer to the beach. It should be a great event with the boats much closer than last year.
Old 04-15-2009, 06:35 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

My Boats: 1981 Cigarette Squadron 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Duck View Post
I forgot about the pics until I came across this thread again, but I'll dig them up and get a few posted. Where can I find info for the poker runs down there. It would be a great place for a quick trip. Close enough to be convenient, but far enough from home to be a vacation.

My knee is pretty much back to normal. It took a few weeks, but I am pretty much 100% now.

Are you coming down for the races? OPA got the city to close the surf for the day so they could bring the races closer to the beach. It should be a great event with the boats much closer than last year.
That is good to hear they are bringing it closer!!!!!!! Are you sure about that??? Watching from the beach was a total WASTE OF TIME last year!!! Couldn't even hear the boats, more or less see the action. We went back to the inlet to watch them go in and out rather than watch the races!!! They had the shore leg of the course out about as far as the ocean leg was in previous years, or farther!! No wonder the sport struggles. I thought it was absolutely rediculous - heard they did it for the noise as well as the safety, so I'm not holding my breath....
Old 04-15-2009, 07:10 PM
Easily Distracted
Platinum Member

My Boats: Former Boat Btch, now I just dream

As posted here .....

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/o...ce-coarse.html

"Ocean city is one of the greatest places to race. The only negative has been the fact that the race coarse is so far off shore, you cant see the boats. The reason for this has been the safety of the swimmers, and surfers. Over the winter we have had multiple meetings with the City, Coast Guard, beach patrol, etc.
Last night the City council, decided the race has a large enough impact in the City, to warrant the closing of the beaches on Sunday, allowing us to bring the race up close and personal. This is huge. Not only for the race, but for the sport, that a city like Ocean City sees the value in Offshore. That they would close the beaches allowing us to put on a show for the fans.

This could not have happened without the help of Bill Purnell, Wil Lynch, Gieco "Mikey," and most of all Master Chief Carter, US CG Ocean City. Thanks for the help Guys. Awsome Job. Smitty"
Old 04-15-2009, 07:17 PM
Easily Distracted
Platinum Member

My Boats: Former Boat Btch, now I just dream

2006 We were pretty close to the beach ....
Attached Thumbnails
Ocean City Maryland May 30-31 where to stay-oceancity-130-large-.jpg   Ocean City Maryland May 30-31 where to stay-oceancity-148-large-.jpg   Ocean City Maryland May 30-31 where to stay-oceancity-173-large-.jpg  

Ocean City Maryland May 30-31 where to stay-oceancity-178-large-.jpg