Ocean City Maryland May 30-31 where to stay

Notices

Ocean City Maryland May 30-31 where to stay

Old 03-24-2009, 04:46 PM
Easily Distracted
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 21eagle
might do the talbot inn there on the bay alongside the inlet nice saturday sit out with a few beers and watch the boats going in and out of the inlet
Just gettin in and out the inlet is definitely entertaining
Attached Thumbnails Ocean City Maryland May 30-31 where to stay-oceancity-106-large-.jpg   Ocean City Maryland May 30-31 where to stay-oceancity-85-large-.jpg   Ocean City Maryland May 30-31 where to stay-oceancity-98-large-.jpg  

Old 03-24-2009, 04:52 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts

For those that are interested, here is a link to the Cape May Lewes Ferry. It really makes for an easy trip. Simply drive to Cape May, jump on the ferry (takes and hour or less to cross depending on conditions) and when you get to the other side you have about a 35-40 minute drive to OC. It is an easy trip so come on down, have a great weekend and enjoy some great offshore racing.

www.cmlf.com
Old 03-24-2009, 07:32 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hot Duck, how long have you owned the commander? I lived in OC in the early 90's and all my roomates worked at the Caboret. we all hung out with the owners son, Trey?
Old 03-25-2009, 03:36 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Not Right
Hot Duck, how long have you owned the commander? I lived in OC in the early 90's and all my roomates worked at the Caboret. we all hung out with the owners son, Trey?
It started with my great-grandparents and has been in the family since it opened in 1930. The original buildings have since been replaced, but there is still a lot of history here. We even have a few current staff members that worked for my grandparents and quite a few that worked for my parents.

It was my parents that started the Cabaret and Tres was my brother. He was three years older than I was, so he was legal then and could go out and have fun with you guys. Tres unfortunately passed away last May, but he will always be here in our hearts and minds. He was and always will be a huge part of the Commander Hotel.

Here are a few pictures from the 2007 races. The first one shows the south side of our deck on race day. Tres is actually in this picture. He is standing near the hostess station at the top of the stairs wearing a white t shirt and a dark blue, sleeveless windbreaker. The second picture shows the people on the beach just before the start of one of the races. Both pictures were shot from the balcony of one of our rooms by a member of this board, but I don't remember who sent them to me. As you can see from the pictures, there is plenty of room on the deck and the beach for all of you, so come to OC and get the racing season started with a bang!
Attached Thumbnails Ocean City Maryland May 30-31 where to stay-0001.jpg   Ocean City Maryland May 30-31 where to stay-100001.jpg  

Last edited by Hot Duck; 03-25-2009 at 03:59 AM.
Old 03-25-2009, 03:58 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Fast Shafts
Chris, the races are on Sunday. Testing/inspections and Parties are Saturday.
As far as hotels, The Atlantic Hotel is owned by "Parnell" from this board-he also races the "Wanted" boat. The Commander hotel is the host hotel and owned by board member "Hot Duck".
There is usually an informal party on the Cape May ferry Friday PM for the crossing.
Did some one say party? Ok Im in
Old 03-25-2009, 06:44 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Default inlet or ocean side

you think its better to stay inlet side(talbot inn) or one of the ocean side hotels??? the inlet side puts you damn close to the coming and going action and pits i beleive making reservations tonight thanx for all the help chris
Old 03-25-2009, 07:45 AM
Registered

Unhappy

so sorry to hear that, I had no idea. I came down to OC for a vacation to visit some buddies that spent the summers there, they were all Penn State fraternity brothers and worked at the Commander, I know they loved working there, loved your parents and were good friends with Tres,

after that weekend I ended up transferring colleges and lived in OC for a couple years, I had to leave the town while I could still put together a complete sentence.
Old 03-25-2009, 05:11 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Oc

just booked my room at talbot inn bayside. fri and sat night cant wait the dates of race are 30 and 31st right????
Old 03-25-2009, 07:02 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Yes, Racing on Sunday.

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 03-26-2009, 12:46 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Not Right
.....I came down to OC for a vacation to visit some buddies that spent the summers there, they were all Penn State fraternity brothers and worked at the Commander, I know they loved working there, loved your parents and were good friends with Tres.........
I know exactly who you are talking about. Mike Tolmer and Scott (don't remember last name) worked with us for a few summers while they were in school. Mike ended up marrying a girl that I went to high school with (Courtney Doneley). Small world huh? I have a ton of pictures from the staff parties at their place on 12th street over those summers. I'll see if I can dig up those albums. You may very well be in a few of them!

Last edited by Hot Duck; 03-26-2009 at 12:53 AM.

Quick Reply: Ocean City Maryland May 30-31 where to stay

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.