Notices

Life jackets

Old 03-25-2009, 06:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have 4 like new srp full race jackets, orange with leg straps, 500$ new, I'll sell for 250$/each
Old 03-25-2009, 08:25 PM
Never Enuff
Gold Member

Jeff,
You made your point. There's no sense in taking shots at each other. If you want to continue this discussion you can PM me.
Jay

Last edited by never enuff; 03-25-2009 at 08:29 PM.
Old 03-25-2009, 08:32 PM
Registered

Am interested in any good race jackets for sale. Would you E me the info. on what you have and how much. Thanks Buddy [email protected]
Old 03-25-2009, 08:51 PM
Registered

The wife and I have custom made to fit Lifelines and we have a few other 100mph neoprene vests for guests. Typically go a lot slower with anyone else in the boat. Fit is as important as brand.
Old 08-22-2009, 10:41 AM
Registered

does anyone know where we can get the mercury racing red and black jackets? i've seen them here and there in photos but not very often and can't find them online anywhere...
Old 08-22-2009, 07:27 PM
Registered

Comment:

If your going to use the Life Jackets exclusively for Poker Runs then buy Lifelines.

However, if your using these PFD's for general boating here is a little caveat----the "Lifelines" are not USCG approved so you will be required to carry USCG approved PFD's in addition to your Lifelines.

If your just cruising get some Jet Pilot or Slippery brand PFD's they work good and are USCG approved. Also remember to attach your kill lanyard you don't want to be run over by your own boat.

KAP
Old 08-22-2009, 07:42 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by kap328
Comment:

If your going to use the Life Jackets exclusively for Poker Runs then buy Lifelines.

However, if your using these PFD's for general boating here is a little caveat----the "Lifelines" are not USCG approved so you will be required to carry USCG approved PFD's in addition to your Lifelines.

If your just cruising get some Jet Pilot or Slippery brand PFD's they work good and are USCG approved. Also remember to attach your kill lanyard you don't want to be run over by your own boat.

KAP
WHY? Is it too expensive for lifeline to get them USCG approved...
Old 08-22-2009, 08:00 PM
Charter Member #1055/Moderator
Charter Member

I have the auto mustangs. I got the ones with the d ring harness (for sail boats!), gives a very wide, strong harness and latch, but no leg or crotch straps. Very comfortable to wear.

http://www.mustangsurvival.com/produ...uct.php?id=458

Last edited by GO4BROKE; 08-22-2009 at 08:01 PM. Reason: forgot link
Old 08-22-2009, 10:53 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by chad1
WHY? Is it too expensive for lifeline to get them USCG approved...
Comment:

No each Lifeline is custom made to your specifications and thus is unable to meet the requirements of mass produced PFD's and it does not carry a UL@Copyrighted listing nor USCG approval. I have discussed this with Lifeline and to date no USCG approval.

So if your boating you cannot count your Lifeline PFD as an approved USCG--- PFD to satisfy the law. Please check your local jurisdictions but 99.9% require USCG approved PFD's on the boat for every occupant.

Is the Lifeline PFD a superior product absolutely no question about it---- but you need to carry others with the USCG approval so you don't get in trouble with the water patrol.

I own a Lifeline and highly recommend this PFD any doubt put one on and jump in the water and see what happens. I also carry extra PFD's to meet the legal standard for boating in my area.

KAP
Old 08-24-2009, 10:25 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by kap328
Comment:

KAP
Thanks, I have the USCG approved PFD's in the boat but am looking for some cool looking jackets that we can wear while underway. I've seen the blue Cigarette Racing jackets in photos and videos but not for sale anywere, also the black and red Mercury Racing jackets look cool and they would match my boat, red, black and white. Just wondering if anyone knows where to find them online, the Cig Racing or the Merc Racing jackets...

Quick Reply: Life jackets

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.