Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
What does the circuit breaker do above fuel filter on 454 MAG? >

What does the circuit breaker do above fuel filter on 454 MAG?

Notices

What does the circuit breaker do above fuel filter on 454 MAG?

Old 06-24-2009, 06:48 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What does the circuit breaker do above fuel filter on 454 MAG?

Its a red button on the left side of the motor (looking backwards) right above the fuel filter. What does it do? It seems like the motor will still turn over but there will be no spark? if it trips? You can't really feel it click or anything when you push it to reset it.
Old 06-24-2009, 07:13 AM
Registered

The reason I am asking is I have been having problems with the engine quitting randomly and I have been trying to figure out if it is electrical or fuel related. The one time I messed with this breaker and it seemed to start back up after fooling with it. I was wondering if this could be my problem and what exactly its for?
Old 06-24-2009, 10:31 AM
Registered

I really need an answer on this guys. The one time I had a spark plug out and it had no spark. I messed around down by this breaker and then it had spark. Does this have anything to do with spark at all? The local marine repair shop told me know but I have read it does, power to the ECU or something? It never stopped turning over but it did lose spark?
Old 06-24-2009, 06:06 PM
Registered

It is one of the too, There is normaly one for the [IGN] and some times one for the fuel pump.
Old 06-24-2009, 07:26 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

i worked on this type of situation with my 350 mags, seemed like something was tripping the breaker...replaced the starter slave (a bad one lets the motor turn, but there's no fire), rebuilt the starter, got new bats, cleaned and tightened all connections....wound up being the thunderbolt ignition mod...it was so intermittent that it worked when i touched anything, but failed at the ramp....what a pisser...
if you can swap the mod, it might give you a better idea of where the problem lies....
c