offshore racing video games >

offshore racing video games

Notices

offshore racing video games

Old 03-20-2002, 10:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default offshore racing video games

Today while I was at Best Buy I happended to play a game called Bloodwake (I think) well this game had some realistic wave action and the boat was some kind of cat with outboards(and guns) well it seems to me it wouldn't be that hard to reright the code to make it look like race boats.
APBA or SBI should approach the companies that make these games and see what they can do.
They are doing it for the snowmobile industry already.

We need some sort of decent video game to get through the winters !
Old 03-20-2002, 10:59 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

I couldn't agree more!

I have actually written Sierra about this type of game in the past.
Old 03-20-2002, 11:56 PM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

do you suppose APBA or SBI would allow me to mount a 50 caliber to my boat so if I were say, loosing a race, i could "even things out" ????
Old 03-21-2002, 12:01 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts

I would buy a racing version of that game!!!
Old 03-21-2002, 01:55 AM
Registered

I must ask, "Why is the sport of Offshore always last to get into something?" These games have been out for how long now??? With all the onboard cameras and imagery they can get from those footages, they can have one hell of game!!! Maybe that guy from Freeze Frame should approach a programmer or a company that makes those games for Nascar....
Old 03-21-2002, 03:56 AM
Registered

i brought this same topic up a couple months ago. i agree completely that apba or sbi should approach it like nascar. blooodwake is pretty cool. i wish they would remake hydrothunder.
Old 03-21-2002, 05:10 AM
Boating Fool

Somebody ought to start a poll about it. Then email the page with the results to say Seirra or the maker of blood wake or ea sports. Just make sure to have a pc version instead of just xbox version like blood wake.

Old 03-21-2002, 05:13 AM
Boating Fool

Default Just thought of something.

If you get their attention. Have them visit the board for info. I have nascar 4 on my computer. Very in depth on the changes to the car you make. That is how the game would need to be. Pick the right props for conditions, tabs, trim, etc. It should also be able to link up online like Nascar 4. Then we all could get online and race each other. And a custom graphics shop. Hell just model after Nascar 4 with boats

Old 03-21-2002, 07:30 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

The last time I was at Dave & Buster's they had a boat racing game. It was OK, nothing like the NASCAR games.
Old 03-21-2002, 12:18 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

APBA talked about it in 1998 or 99 at the worlds, they even had a sample set up to show everyone and it was supposed to be "in the works" but I never heard anything else!
To bad I would love to have something like that!
"Hydro Thunder" just didn't cut it!
Instead of jumping ramps, you ought to be able to jump waves and other wakes!! There was only one section on one course in "Hydro" that was even close to having waves!
The possibilites are endless! You could race around a short corse or go off into the ocean and have to navagate to a island and back!! The more in depth the better! Like you guy's said make it like nascar where set up is everthing or like Grand Tourismo where if you win you get a better car (Boat)!
Did any of you ever see the Game where you were racing a Jet Ski? It was cool cause you actually had to watch for waves and be careful around the curves!

Quick Reply: offshore racing video games

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.