Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
if your dad got you hooked on boating, check this out! >

if your dad got you hooked on boating, check this out!

Notices

if your dad got you hooked on boating, check this out!

Old 03-31-2009, 10:25 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Watched the video & thought it was really cool then started reading the post's & had to fight back the tears !!

There's not been a time in my 33 years that my father has been without atleast a boat or two.. As a matter of fact he is on vacation in the s.w. coast of FL right now fishing & visiting with my 90+ year old uncle who introduced him to boating..

Long story short I got my first boat when I was 11 years old & I will never forget it.. It was a 15' Seasquirt with a 55hp Johnson & there wasn't an area of water from plantation key to northern marathon that I didn't cover in that boat many times over & as Pepe Nunez would say "The rest is history" !!

Kinda weird b/c just a few hours ago I was in the bilge of my boat grinding away covered from head to toe in gelcoat & fiderglass dust & for some reason I kept thinking about a phone call I got in the wee hours of the morning just a couple years ago from one of my best friends for the past 18 years.. His father had just unexpectingly passed away... I was speechless & floored to say the least !! He was a great guy & I sure miss him being around !!

Even though I have the often overlooked privilege of working with my father on a daily basis , I will no doubt be giving him a call tomorrow to see how the fishing is !!

Last edited by littledcsrodshop; 03-31-2009 at 10:29 PM.
Old 04-01-2009, 08:48 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the coolest part about my old man, and my mother, she is great as well is this.

we go out, we my friends ranging from 21 to 50 yrs old most being in the 23-30 range. me being 30.
we head out on our checkmates, baja's etc etc and our finnal party destination is meeting up with my 60+ year old parents who are as much fun as my 30 year old buddys, and they all love them. they all know how lucky i am to have such a great set of parents. sometime i forget. things like this are a great slap back to reality!!
Old 04-01-2009, 09:03 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Thanks for that!!

It's on my FB page now, and on its way to my Dad. He had a 1969 18' Imp when I was born, and sold it due to my birth. He bought it back again 4 years later after my sister was born. He kept that boat (pristine BTW, and on the original trailer) until 2001 when I bought my first performance boat.

I wouldn't be in this if it were not for him.
Old 04-01-2009, 09:18 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

How true!!
"Life is Better with a Boat"
Old 04-01-2009, 09:19 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Dad and I are together in business and racing. win or lose it is great to be with him.
Old 04-01-2009, 09:25 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

F*ckers. You made me cry.
Old 04-01-2009, 09:28 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by JasonSmith
F*ckers. You made me cry.
sissy.

lol JK, it is touching for sure!!
Old 04-01-2009, 01:22 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

This is a feel good thread that needs to go on for a long time.
Old 04-01-2009, 04:02 PM
Registered

dr.feel good here.
Old 04-01-2009, 05:58 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Excellent video, very touching...

Cant say too much on the father part, he really hasn't been around much in my life, and we aren't on very good terms, but that's another story.

My uncle on my moms side (the only family I really know) pretty much took over that position when I was a tot. Watching the video, I can clearly remember those days, picture perfect, when he would take me out on the boat, even if no one else wanted to go. First boat I remember riding it was a 1989 Four winns, being towed behind his 1968 Chrysler Newport convertible... I was hooked on boating ever since then... my first boat being a bayliner at 15... Then I took him too the lake...

Remember your friends and family.

Excellent video!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.