Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
if your dad got you hooked on boating, check this out! >

if your dad got you hooked on boating, check this out!

Notices

if your dad got you hooked on boating, check this out!

Old 03-31-2009, 06:02 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up if your dad got you hooked on boating, check this out!

saw this on another site, it may be a repost, but it was great!!!!

makes me glad my pops is still around and still enjoying his boating, and i thank him for all he has shown me over the last 28 years of my boating life!!!

http://www.discoverboating.com/viral/youtube.aspx
Old 03-31-2009, 06:26 PM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts

Thanks....That's great !

LS
Old 03-31-2009, 07:12 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

i just sent the link to my dad.
Old 03-31-2009, 07:14 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Maybe one day my son will send it to me
Old 03-31-2009, 07:42 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

My dad loves to be on the water. He was 88 last year and I took him out on the Powerplay for Fathers Day. As he stood in the bolster seat he had a grin from ear to ear the whole day. I hope he is going to be up for it this year thats all he talked about all winter. This year he said he wants to go faster. I told him there is a 45mph speed limit on Lake George. He said he will pay for the ticket.
Old 03-31-2009, 08:15 PM
Registered

Thumbs up

saw it before great, my dad and late uncle got me into boating as a baby and once I could stand on my toes, I drove my uncles 46 footer sf out in the ocean from can to can around CAPE ANN Gloucester mass. we went out in a storm one day and I wanted to go on deck, the bow would go 5' underwater and I saw a 30ft cabin cruiser loose its top deck. loved that boat and him.
Old 03-31-2009, 08:26 PM
Registered

That was awesome, by dad got me into boating my I was 6 months old. I really appreciate all the great times I had growing up on the water. I have done the same for my son hope fully some day he will appreciate it as much as I do. Like was said above this will be sent to my dad and I hope one day to recieve this from my son.

Here is a pic on my 94 year grandpa on my old boat, my son on another one of my boats and me taking a cruise with my mom on my first boat.
Attached Thumbnails if your dad got you hooked on boating, check this out!-100_0997%5B1%5D-2-.jpg   if your dad got you hooked on boating, check this out!-picture-074-2-.jpg   if your dad got you hooked on boating, check this out!-untitled.jpg  

Old 03-31-2009, 08:33 PM
Registered

yea, i was born and 3 days later i was out in ipswich on my dads 17 foot glastron, i was a few years after that my dad got a 21 nova, he showed me how to drive that one on my own with him next to me. i was 4-5 a few years after that he took the big step to a 1987 32 st tropez welcraft, twin 454's ect. i was 7 in 1987 i was 7 when my dad got me my own boat it was a 8 foot achillies with a 6 hp suzuki, i got pulled over so many times i was 9 when i got my costguard and boating safty lisence. in 1988 he got a house in florida he picked up an 18 foot CC with a 120 johnson on it. i was 10 the first time i took that out on my own then in 1990 he got a 36 tiara convertable do the math, i was 10. spent all summer on it. them in 1997 he got his 272 baja and i bought the 18 CC from him and towed it home. then in 2000 i bought my 20 stingray, i had it for 3 years, my dad got a place on the lake and i gave him my boat to use up there as i didnt have much time off. he at that point said, use my tiara any time. i did!!! sold that in 2004 because my old man let me take his 36 tiara out and he wanted a bigger lake boat. in 2003 he scooped the 26 checkmate which i just bought off him. he replaced his 97 272 with a 25 outlaw and replace the mate i just bought with a 26 outlaw.
needless to say i spent my entire life boating with my parents and loved every second of it. just pissed his new boat is faster then mine. lol

ps. after 16 years of having the tiara, restoring it back to new, etc etc. we lost the boat in the Danvers explosion 2 years ago. it was replaced with a 37 riviara flybridge.

the good news a close friend of mine followed the boat to action and payed short money for it, fixed the couple issues with it and now i can see it or take it any time.

Last edited by noyzee; 03-31-2009 at 08:38 PM.
Old 03-31-2009, 09:52 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by XPRESS 33PP
My dad loves to be on the water. He was 88 last year and I took him out on the Powerplay for Fathers Day. As he stood in the bolster seat he had a grin from ear to ear the whole day. I hope he is going to be up for it this year thats all he talked about all winter. This year he said he wants to go faster. I told him there is a 45mph speed limit on Lake George. He said he will pay for the ticket.
I got to say that is one of the best stories I've heard in a long time !!
Old 03-31-2009, 10:15 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great video!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.