Power Bowrider Recomendations >

Power Bowrider Recomendations

Notices

Power Bowrider Recomendations

Old 04-01-2009, 10:46 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power Bowrider Recomendations

I want a powerboat and wifey wants a bowrider. The Caravelle interceptor seems to fit this bill pretty well.. I have found a 2004 Volvo 350 GXI 320 HP with 50 hours for about 22k. Its right in my price range.. The baja islanders are ok but to get inmy price range I would have to go much older.. Any other boats yall can recommend or is the Interceptor about all that is out there as for speedy bowrider??

Thanks,

Mike
Houston, TX
Old 04-02-2009, 09:53 AM
SeaRay Sundancer
Gold Member

Check the west coast for used mid cabin open bow boats. Most all of them have HO's at minimum. You will probably get a better than production boat too.
Old 04-02-2009, 09:59 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by NorthShore4x4
I want a powerboat and wifey wants a bowrider. The Caravelle interceptor seems to fit this bill pretty well.. I have found a 2004 Volvo 350 GXI 320 HP with 50 hours for about 22k. Its right in my price range.. The baja islanders are ok but to get inmy price range I would have to go much older.. Any other boats yall can recommend or is the Interceptor about all that is out there as for speedy bowrider??

Thanks,

Mike
Houston, TX
Your budget limits your search but Sunsation makes the best Mid-Cabin Open Bow boat on the market (MCOB). They have made several 32's with 525's that run in the low 90's (MPH not price). A 28 with a single 496 HO runs in the high 60's.

www.sunsationboats.com
Old 04-02-2009, 10:09 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

You won't find too many folks with knowledge about the Caravelle line here. They are just not that popular in this arena.

You will find them to be a decent lake or river boat, but if you are planning on going out of Galveston, the Gulf, and anything bigger than a small 1 foot chop, you are going to want a hull designed for bigger water.

The Baja and Sunsation line ups do have some boats that will fit your bill.

There are also not that many fans of the Volvo setups here. They just are not that popular, and the resale is always really low; probably why you are eying the one in your sights right now.

Try and stick with Mercury/Mercruiser powertrain, and you will find more folks to work on it, and more folks that want to buy it when you are ready to sell.
Old 04-02-2009, 10:17 AM
Registered

I only run rivers and lakes.. maybe 5% of time would be galveston bay. Appreciate the info. The sunsastions or nice but not in my budget.. I like the open bow Nordics myself.
Old 04-02-2009, 10:20 AM
SeaRay Sundancer
Gold Member

Originally Posted by NorthShore4x4
I only run rivers and lakes.. maybe 5% of time would be galveston bay. Appreciate the info. The sunsastions or nice but not in my budget.. I like the open bow Nordics myself.
you might be able to find a nordic rage in your range
Old 04-02-2009, 10:30 AM
Registered

I've got a 2000 Crownline 225LPX I was about to list so I could move up to a Formula that I've had my eye on. Mildly built 454 by Bob at Full Throttle Marine making about 425 horse. She runs 62 on the gps, it's in great shape, and would be right in your range. Sporty little bow rider, and a great all around boat.
Old 04-02-2009, 10:30 AM
Registered

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

I have been in a couple interceptors over the years at boat shows. I have always liked the looks of them, but there were a couple things that I did not like. First, The steering wheel was not centered in front of the drivers seat. That may have just been that one boat, but it bothered me. Second, they are a low boat, the free board comes to mid thigh at best, definitely not a deep boat. As for the engine package. I have a Volvo setup. It has been a great combo for us, not one problem yet. Prop selection is not the same as merc. But the engine and drive has given us no problems and we put a lot of hours on our boat, prob just over 100 hours a year and we are in the great white north. The recommended oil for ours (5.0L GXI) is straight 30wt. synthetic. Not really easy to find unless you have a Volvo dealer near you. If you like the boat and it suits your needs go for it, but being a light and low boat, it is definitely not a rough water boat, unless you are daring. Good luck with the search!
Old 04-02-2009, 05:00 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

1998 eliminator 280 mcob, hp 500, 260ish hours
Attached Thumbnails Power Bowrider Recomendations-pa110019.jpg   Power Bowrider Recomendations-pa110028.jpg   Power Bowrider Recomendations-pa110024.jpg  

Old 04-02-2009, 06:52 PM
Registered

With the credit markets being tight and all I am stuck with having to get a 2003 or newer boat.. I can get 5.9 % if its 2003 or newer.. 9.9% if its pre 2003.. Thats why I am limited I aint paying 9.9% on nothing..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.