Notices

Powerboat Magazine

Old 04-05-2009, 09:23 PM
Registered

Received 317 Likes on 174 Posts

It is not the $20 a year, it is the mediocrity of todays Magazine. How many of you remember when Bob Nordskog owned and ran Power Boat?
Old 04-06-2009, 08:57 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's sad really, while on one hand the internet is great but with so much free news out there that is up to the min., it has ruined it for print media. I would not be so hard on them, I bet they are trying to keep their heads above water. What's $20-$30 to most of us I doubt they took money with the intention of screwing anyone. I think our subscription has expired, but I would not mind renewing just so I could help a little, in fact I think we should all do that. Good luck Powerboat, I hope you make it through this hard time
Old 04-06-2009, 10:33 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just can't read about one more F'ing Deck Boat.......
Old 04-06-2009, 10:34 AM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

You can't lay in bed or on the boat and read the internet. Print magazines and newspapers may be obsolete in the future but not yet. I subscribe to at least a half dozen mags, including Powerboat, Trailer Boats, Boating, BoatU.S. mag, MotorBoating and National Geographic. Used to get Hot Boat. I would subscribe to Performance Boats if not for the fact that half of the "issues" are on-line only. There is plenty of stuff I can read on-line for free. I won't pay for that.

Last edited by thirdchildhood; 04-06-2009 at 10:38 AM.
Old 04-06-2009, 02:04 PM
Registered

I guess our subscription is not over yet, we just received an issue they are calling May, it's a pretty good one, lots of offshore stuff. A nice article with Mike from Sterling, a fun article about John Hagan being king of the Krew of wrecks boat parade down on the Tickfaw. Great photo of Hellraiser at the Miami Show Poker run with Dave from Pier 57 on the sticks, boat's owned by an NFL player. Of course there was some articles on some other boats, but plenty of offshore stuff to enjoy.

Actually it's probably better that they are a little more diverse then just the hard core offshore stuff, it will probably help keep the magazine alive longer if they have a broader range of readers.

Last edited by Ms PatriYacht; 04-06-2009 at 02:06 PM.
Old 04-06-2009, 05:13 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 38Lightning
if we are gonna bust their balz then what other mag are we gonna subscribe too? I enjoy their mag for what ever it cost, $19.00-$30.00 yr. what other options do we honestly have as powerboaters? extreme boat what else?
Powerboat Mag - is cutting back issues but alive and well
Poker Runs America - is cutting back issues
Performance Boats - alive and well
Extreme Boats - TOAST! (good ridence!)
Hot Boat - TOAST! (and a shame)

And I just got Ned's H2o Full Thottle Magazine today and it is KICK AZZ! Not just the content but the gloss cover and paper stock is 2nd to none!
Old 04-06-2009, 05:33 PM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveP

And I just got Ned's H2o Full Thottle Magazine today and it is KICK AZZ! Not just the content but the gloss cover and paper stock is 2nd to none!

Dave,

Do you have the subscription info for H20? I'd like to subscribe.

Thanks,

Kurt
Old 04-06-2009, 06:16 PM
Registered

Got my New Powerboats Mag today. May of 09' I got home from work, Got the mail, Sat in my office and read page by page... Flushed Then came out to see the local news!!

DaveP. So the ones you named are still alive and kickin' I suscribed to Performance boats, and Extreme boats back in November/October and I haven't seen anything. Is Performance Boats just haven't run any issues this year yet??
Old 04-06-2009, 06:38 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I understand cut backs and doing what it takes to survive, however, PBM should have informed the customer base. No one likes surprises.
Old 04-06-2009, 06:47 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Biggus
Dave,

Do you have the subscription info for H20? I'd like to subscribe.

Thanks,

Kurt
Here you go!

https://www.h2ofullthrottle.com/subscribe.php

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.