Notices

Powerboat Magazine

Old 04-09-2009, 05:23 PM
Registered

Received 2,969 Likes on 981 Posts

Originally Posted by budrow79
hello, would you know who i could get in touch with at powerboat mag. We have a 28ft nordic heat that we believe is the fastest single engine v-hall in the united states, I imagine you guys hear claims like this very often but would be happy to send some type of proof. we running a 598 paul phaff motor with a quad whipple super charger and a few other guddies, its producing around 1300hp. any direction you can give me would be much app
Thanks
Budrow
[email protected]
Old 04-10-2009, 10:26 AM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts
Default PB, I have a suggestion...

Why not more 'do it yourself' stories? I just received my thin May issue and there is not one article related to DIY. I know PB has had this in past issues, but I think it should be in every issue. You don't need new models from manufacturers for these type of stories. In todays economy I would expect more and more people will be keeping and fixing up their boats. Plus, I just really enjoy reading up on that type of stuff!
Old 04-10-2009, 04:18 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,725 Likes on 1,224 Posts

4mulafastech,

Guess what? You're right. We don't do nearly enough DIY stories. Though we've done a few more in recent years, everyone at the magazine agrees, based on feedback from readers like you, that we need to do more.

It would be ideal to have one DIY piece in every issue. I agree. So does Gregg Mansfield, the magazine's editor. To some extent, Brett Becker's maintenance column and Teague on Tech fill that void, but I know you're talking about in-depth DIY features rather than short departments.

Magazine space and resources are limited but, no excuses, you're right. It's something we should do more of and something we plan to do more of.

Thanks for subscribing and reading.
Old 04-10-2009, 04:27 PM
Registered

Received 282 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by 4mulafastech
Why not more 'do it yourself' stories? I just received my thin May issue and there is not one article related to DIY. I know PB has had this in past issues, but I think it should be in every issue. You don't need new models from manufacturers for these type of stories. In todays economy I would expect more and more people will be keeping and fixing up their boats. Plus, I just really enjoy reading up on that type of stuff!
Great idea........ the magazine would pay for itself.
Old 04-10-2009, 06:13 PM
Registered

Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

PB has such a tiny subscription base I am sure poor times hit them very hard, esp since it is a luxury product magazine. 30K subscribers .vs. millions for larger magazines.

How about the hotboat website, what happened to that?
Old 04-11-2009, 12:14 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I subscribed to Hot Boat and Powerboat for many years. Had just renewed my subscription to Hot Boat only to find out they went under.

My subscription just ran out on Powerboat. Was waiting to hear what was going on with them. It sounds like they are doing ok.

Hey Matt, less deck boat coverage. Thanks.
Old 04-11-2009, 05:33 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Powerplay25

Hey Matt, less deck boat coverage. Thanks.
My guess is they take what they can get. It would seem challenging to find manufacturers with boat ready to test and willing to travel to the test.

I'm a fan of Nor-Tech. When was the last time one of their 36 or 43 cats tested. I'm sure Powerboat would love the opportunity to test one. But if the manufacturer is not willing or able to deliver, not much the mag can do.
Old 04-11-2009, 07:30 AM
BRAD SCHOENWALD
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just tested the Nor-Tech 50 V

www.os.performanceboats.com
Old 04-11-2009, 07:36 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by bcschoe
Just tested the Nor-Tech 50 V

www.os.performanceboats.com
36/43 cats is what I'd like to see and haven't.
Old 04-11-2009, 09:08 AM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Matt Trulio
4mulafastech,

Guess what? You're right. We don't do nearly enough DIY stories. Though we've done a few more in recent years, everyone at the magazine agrees, based on feedback from readers like you, that we need to do more.

It would be ideal to have one DIY piece in every issue. I agree. So does Gregg Mansfield, the magazine's editor. To some extent, Brett Becker's maintenance column and Teague on Tech fill that void, but I know you're talking about in-depth DIY features rather than short departments.

Magazine space and resources are limited but, no excuses, you're right. It's something we should do more of and something we plan to do more of.

Thanks for subscribing and reading.
You're welcome and thanks for the response. I'm glad to hear this is on PB's radar. btw, great interview with Mike D'Anniballe. Although I wished he would have answered your question on small-block packages differently though!

One other thought... I can understand limited resources at the magazine in today's environment, but what about tapping into the gear head types right here on OSO (and SOS). I probably enjoy reading about the projects going on here more than anything else. Some of these guys and businesses have some really cool projects that can be documented very well with digital pics. Put some good organization and writing behind them, advertising dollars from the component manufacturers that are used in the project, and you can have a good DIY story. I'm sure it is more complicated than this, but just a thought...

Last edited by 4mulafastech; 04-11-2009 at 09:36 AM. Reason: delayed intelligence...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.