Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Poll: Interest in Poker Run During Savannah Races >

Poll: Interest in Poker Run During Savannah Races

Notices

Poll: Interest in Poker Run During Savannah Races

Old 03-21-2002, 09:38 PM
boater31

Default Poll: Interest in Poker Run During Savannah Races

I would like to hear from anybody interested in participating in a poker run during the July 4th APBA racing in savannah this year. I am trying to see if there is enough interest in this to try and plan it. i have been in contact w/ the Westin Hotel which overlooks the race course about being the host hotel for this and will be getting a package put together for room deals and entertainment during the event. please let me know if you are interested. Russ Floyd 912-313-8686

Old 03-21-2002, 09:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Would like to know more, like how many marina's around there, I will try to go to boat us and get a waterway guide.
Old 03-21-2002, 09:47 PM
boater31

There are three marinas here that can handle our boats. all are about 15-20 min ride from the race. there arent any close to hotels though so you will need a car or cab to commute. i am working with the marina that keeps my boat to offer fuel and storage deals to people in the poker run. they are offering dockage at 1.00 per ft and the same fuel pricing they charge their storage customers. about .5 per gallon savings. none of the marinas are very big so let me know asap if you will be needing space!!!

Old 03-21-2002, 09:53 PM
Registered

I would be looking for a marine with a travel lift, dont want to get the trailer bearing wet , towing 9 hrs, I have been looking on the web for info, is that hotel on the ocean ??
Old 03-21-2002, 10:01 PM
boater31

if you can lift your boat from the trailer w/ a forklift, my marina can handle it or they can hoist you in if they can get straps under it. you can call tidewater marina at 912-352-1335 . they have a travel lift but are difficult to deal with. the westin hotel is on the river where the race will be held. from the beach to the race will be about a 30 min ride by car and about 20 min from any marinas that can accomodate you.

Old 03-21-2002, 10:12 PM
Registered

Can they lift a 38 top gun, so you high n dry, or do you have a wet slip ?

Are there any hotels on the river with protected dockage that will not be overcome by race activity ?

How far is the ocean from the marina / race, or would you just run in the river and not in the ocean , how wide and can you get on plane on the river ??

I know, too many questions .....
Old 03-21-2002, 10:25 PM
boater31

The marina where i stay can handle your boat. they handle my 31 and a friends 38 topgun. they are the only marina with experience w/ these type boats. there arent many performance boats in savannah (sad to say) if we can set things up with the westin, we may have some temporary dockage set up on a side slip that will be protected pretty good but other than that... no other hotels w/ dockage avail...sorry.....you will love the boating here. not many no wakes and the rivers are plenty big. you can run all over savannah in the rivers here or you can run offshore. the ocean is about 12 miles from the marina but you only have about 1 mile of no wake out of the marina. it is about the same to the race w/ a couple of short no wakes that way. we are on the intracoastal so most rivers are clearly marked.

Old 03-22-2002, 09:22 AM
boater31

TTT!!

Old 03-25-2002, 09:22 PM
boater31

once more

Old 03-26-2002, 10:57 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

We would be interested on Friday or Sunday and would have 7 or so boats available for the run.

Quick Reply: Poll: Interest in Poker Run During Savannah Races

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.