Notices

Where to buy in Florida?

Old 04-14-2009, 07:15 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We live in Marathon and have been following a popular website that estimates property value.........
It has been going down slowly for a year.......starting March 1st, it started climbing. It is now going up every 3 days and this week took a jump UP.
If you want to buy in the Keys.......you can get a good thing NOW.........contact Exit Realty or Coldwell Banker
Marathon advantage.........minutes to ocean or gulf water from a canal home
Just f.y.i
PD
Old 04-15-2009, 09:52 AM
Registered

I live in Bonita and love it (as we are avid boaters). This place (Naples, Ft. Myers & the Cape) has grown a lot. Being on the water, it is a 10-15 min ride to the Gulf and then it is only 10 miles to the tip of Sanibel Island. From there you can go to Captiva, Boca Grande, Charlotte Harbor and beyond. If you head south you have Naples & Marco Island. There are a lot of waterfront restaurants here and an endless amount of beaches that you can boat up to and either bring lots of other boats with you or be alone.

A lot of it depends on what you are looking to spend. For example, a nearby lot that was 250k in 2000 sold in 2005 for 1.75 million. What is it worth today - unknown but it just went on the market for 1.50 million so he will be taking a loss (but he needs to move it fast since it looks like he is heading towards bankruptcy). My guess is that it will sit for a little bit because people are still skeptical as far as prices here - I think they are scared (and with good reason) to plop down a million and then watch it depreciate. We laughed when we saw it sell for that price a few years ago - it is beautiful but 1.75 for a 1/4 acre (50 feet of seawall) and a dock just seemed crazy. But a piece of property that sold for 7 times what it was worth originally in just 5 years was crazy appreciation and couldn't be sustained.

Now, if you look further away from the Gulf and possibly on a river, etc I bet there are some killer deals. More of those were bought on speculation. I also know some of the Cape Coral waterfronts (depending on which section of the Cape) are going for much less than they were a few years ago.

And if you don't mind being close to the water, the prices have come down much more on those and you could probably get much more house. You just want to make sure you are within a decent driving distance to a ramp http://www.fun-florida-getaways.com/...yboatramps.cfm

The Fort Myers area just had the highest-selling month (March) in the past five years. Despite this, the prices have fallen because a huge amount of these are foreclosures and bank-owned (especially in Lehigh Acres & Cape Coral).

Good luck on your search. This is what I see in my area of Florida but there are many areas of this state and some like it here, some like Tampa, some like the east coast, some like the Keys, etc.
Old 04-15-2009, 11:12 AM
Registered

[QUOTE=Cash Bar;2839840]If you have any inetrest in the Palm Beach/Ft. Lauderdale/Miami area I can help.
If you are interested in Cape Coral get in touch with rockstrmkr(Hans) and for the Tampa/St. Pete area try Tampa38(Rick).

There are a ton of waterfront foreclosures here, just had a OSO member pick up one in St Pete, 11ft deep canal, no details unless he post them though, private biz.

I cover all the way down to Sarasota, and can setup auto emails of new foreclosures as soon as the banks list them, just pm your email or send to [email protected]

Good luck!

Rick Foxx
Real Estate Outlet LLC
(727)743-8048]
Old 04-15-2009, 12:02 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

We have a 2 br condo and boat slip at the Port in Fort Lauderdale. Absolutely love it. if you are into boating you have to look here. 8 minute idle to the ocean and a category 5 building for your boat....some pictures here:

http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slidesho...e&conn_speed=1
Old 04-15-2009, 12:48 PM
Registered

Pics look nice, but as a powerboater, I would be concerned about the storage cradle creating a hook in my hull. Looks like there's at least 2+ feet of hull hanging off the end of the cradle. What are your thoughts?

Originally Posted by cowisl
We have a 2 br condo and boat slip at the Port in Fort Lauderdale. Absolutely love it. if you are into boating you have to look here. 8 minute idle to the ocean and a category 5 building for your boat....some pictures here:

http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slidesho...e&conn_speed=1
Old 04-15-2009, 01:26 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jim09091
I live in Bonita and love it (as we are avid boaters). This place (Naples, Ft. Myers & the Cape) has grown a lot. Being on the water, it is a 10-15 min ride to the Gulf and then it is only 10 miles to the tip of Sanibel Island. From there you can go to Captiva, Boca Grande, Charlotte Harbor and beyond. If you head south you have Naples & Marco Island. There are a lot of waterfront restaurants here and an endless amount of beaches that you can boat up to and either bring lots of other boats with you or be alone.

A lot of it depends on what you are looking to spend. For example, a nearby lot that was 250k in 2000 sold in 2005 for 1.75 million. What is it worth today - unknown but it just went on the market for 1.50 million so he will be taking a loss (but he needs to move it fast since it looks like he is heading towards bankruptcy). My guess is that it will sit for a little bit because people are still skeptical as far as prices here - I think they are scared (and with good reason) to plop down a million and then watch it depreciate. We laughed when we saw it sell for that price a few years ago - it is beautiful but 1.75 for a 1/4 acre (50 feet of seawall) and a dock just seemed crazy. But a piece of property that sold for 7 times what it was worth originally in just 5 years was crazy appreciation and couldn't be sustained.

Now, if you look further away from the Gulf and possibly on a river, etc I bet there are some killer deals. More of those were bought on speculation. I also know some of the Cape Coral waterfronts (depending on which section of the Cape) are going for much less than they were a few years ago.

And if you don't mind being close to the water, the prices have come down much more on those and you could probably get much more house. You just want to make sure you are within a decent driving distance to a ramp http://www.fun-florida-getaways.com/...yboatramps.cfm

The Fort Myers area just had the highest-selling month (March) in the past five years. Despite this, the prices have fallen because a huge amount of these are foreclosures and bank-owned (especially in Lehigh Acres & Cape Coral).

Good luck on your search. This is what I see in my area of Florida but there are many areas of this state and some like it here, some like Tampa, some like the east coast, some like the Keys, etc.
What street are you on ?
Old 04-15-2009, 01:27 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Pat D
We live in Marathon and have been following a popular website that estimates property value.........
It has been going down slowly for a year.......starting March 1st, it started climbing. It is now going up every 3 days and this week took a jump UP.
If you want to buy in the Keys.......you can get a good thing NOW.........contact Exit Realty or Coldwell Banker
Marathon advantage.........minutes to ocean or gulf water from a canal home
Just f.y.i
PD
Hey Pat .... whats the website you follow ?
Old 04-15-2009, 02:27 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Jigsaw89
Pics look nice, but as a powerboater, I would be concerned about the storage cradle creating a hook in my hull. Looks like there's at least 2+ feet of hull hanging off the end of the cradle. What are your thoughts?
They are all custom made for the bottom of your boat. no worries there. Some guys hang more off than others.

The building is climate controlled so no mildew, no forklift to damage the bottom of your boat..honestly, its the best marina i have been in.
Old 04-15-2009, 03:30 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 790 Likes on 257 Posts

Originally Posted by cowisl
They are all custom made for the bottom of your boat. no worries there. Some guys hang more off than others.

The building is climate controlled so no mildew, no forklift to damage the bottom of your boat..honestly, its the best marina i have been in.

Yes, and that condo building is currently the best for the money in Ft. Lauderdale. I am in there constantly.
Old 04-15-2009, 03:41 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Cash Bar
Yes, and that condo building is currently the best for the money in Ft. Lauderdale. I am in there constantly.
Sell our two bedroom! we want a 3!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.