Notices

Where to buy in Florida?

Old 04-09-2009, 09:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to buy in Florida?

We are looking to purchase a home in Florida...We would love to be in the keys and on the water...

Every year we go to Islamorada with our CC to fish and dive but now since prices are so low we would like to buy in FL and have something that is on the water or pretty close to water access so we can take the Sonic down also...

Even though I would like to be in the keys, we do not "have" to be in the keys...

We are pretty unfamilar with anywhere other then Islamorada, where does every suggest we look? Zip codes please??

What does everyone think about Cape Coral? Bonita Springs? Also it has to be in an area where we can get good rent also
Old 04-09-2009, 09:46 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Cape Coral has a great bang for the buck when it comes to water front. If you plan on buying and then renting it out you'll be a little upside down.
Too many foreclosures and desparate owners.
Old 04-09-2009, 09:49 AM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

If you have any inetrest in the Palm Beach/Ft. Lauderdale/Miami area I can help.
If you are interested in Cape Coral get in touch with rockstrmkr(Hans) and for the Tampa/St. Pete area try Tampa38(Rick).

Greg Harris
Coastal Properties
954-732-9020
Old 04-09-2009, 10:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cash Bar
If you have any inetrest in the Palm Beach/Ft. Lauderdale/Miami area I can help.
If you are interested in Cape Coral get in touch with rockstrmkr(Hans) and for the Tampa/St. Pete area try Tampa38(Rick).

Greg Harris
Coastal Properties
954-732-9020

Thanks!

I am a Realtor here in MD and we have a multiple list system that can automatically send prospective buyers homes daily? Could you set me up on your system to send me homes?

Price Range $350,000 or less
Waterfront or close to water access
Single Family
3 or more bedrooms
[email protected]

We will be sure to contact you if something catches our eye, we should be the Florida area early June to look at some homes, if we see something we really like though, I can fly down asap to bid
Old 04-09-2009, 12:41 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

I will get it set up. Feel free to call anytime.

The market is heating up til at least June. We will see if Hurricane season slows it at all. That will be the tell-tale.
Old 04-09-2009, 12:45 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

I started a thread called Florida and boating property If I remember correctly. Alot of very good information shared already. Unfortunatly my Business has been heavily affected by the current global economy so this had to be put on hold. I still follow it a little and from what I see it appears that the inland properties still havent hit bottom but the water front stuff seems to be stabillized. Im sure Cash Bar can give you a better judgement on this than me.

Last edited by tbanzer; 04-09-2009 at 01:41 PM.
Old 04-09-2009, 12:49 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

double post

Last edited by tbanzer; 04-09-2009 at 01:37 PM.
Old 04-09-2009, 12:54 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What are you guys seeing the market doing in the Key$ ???
Old 04-09-2009, 01:44 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by LEOPAJM
What are you guys seeing the market doing in the Key$ ???
I have a friend that closed last month on a waterfront Key Largo home for just short of a million LESS than what the house was under contract for 18 months ago. Market turned, owner employment was affected = fire sale before foreclosure. Ironically my buddy was bidding to buy this house 18 months ago when he was outbid, he walked away only to come back later and buy it.
Old 04-09-2009, 03:24 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

I don't really sell there buy I am sure the Keys have been hit hard. They rose faster than most of Florida and probably crashed just as hard.

Plus, the big money northerners are feelings a liitle too pinched to buy a place they see 1-2x a year.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.