Like Tree0Likes

Has the industry ever been hit this hard?

Reply
Old 04-11-2009, 03:44 PM
  #31
WMF
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
WMF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Millsboro, DE- Cape Coral, FL
My Boats: 2008 Cigarette Top Gun Unlimited
Posts: 1,613
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by outriggers View Post
I get the point about loose banks, but I think they have gone the other way. I'm in the proceses of a home refi. Same company, just went to a 10 year, 130k on a 600K house, 800 score. I thought that would be a no brainer, even if they turn me down they still hold the paper. Now they want other paperwork and 95% of my income is on a W2 or a 1099. WTF I can't imagine what a boat or R/V would be like. Doug
It is almost impossible to get a performance boat loan right now!! unless you dont need the loan and already have the money, then the bank will give you the loan!!!

Last edited by WMF; 04-11-2009 at 03:50 PM.
WMF is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 08:09 AM
  #32
VIP Member
VIP Member
Thread Starter
 
drypipetiger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Lake Champlain, NY
My Boats: 2008 Nor-Tech 3600
Posts: 3,452
Default

I don't care if it is a Fountain... This is a buy with this power and drive package. And this is only the asking price. Who knows what it will actually sell for.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o29750-en.html
drypipetiger is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 09:29 AM
  #33
Registered
 
Von Bongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Iowa - Missouri
My Boats: 1997 Cig Kevlar - powered by Boyd
Posts: 3,904
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drypipetiger View Post
I don't care if it is a Fountain... This is a buy with this power and drive package. And this is only the asking price. Who knows what it will actually sell for.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o29750-en.html
I know where the same boat in red and black is for sale for the same money too.
Von Bongo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 01:43 PM
  #34
Registered
 
Sean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Darien, CT
My Boats: Donzi Sweet 16
Posts: 3,161
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drypipetiger View Post
I don't care if it is a Fountain... This is a buy with this power and drive package. And this is only the asking price. Who knows what it will actually sell for.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o29750-en.html

that's more than some people spend on a house... and i disagree... 250k for a 38' 2007 "Anyhing Performance" boat is WAY overpriced in this economy.

i do agree however that the banks shoulder much of the blame here offering "no income verification" home loans to people who clearly could not afford them...but in the end, the blame lies with the consumer who should know that if they make 1k a month, a 2k per month home loan is more than they can afford... simple arithmetic
Sean is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 01:48 PM
  #35
VIP Member
VIP Member
Thread Starter
 
drypipetiger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Lake Champlain, NY
My Boats: 2008 Nor-Tech 3600
Posts: 3,452
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean View Post
and i disagree... 250k for a 38' 2007 "Anyhing Performance" boat is WAY overpriced in this economy.
It's a 42 footer.
drypipetiger is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 01:55 PM
  #36
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member
 
T2x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Granite Quarry, NC
My Boats: 1966 !8' Switzer Wing "Miss Diablo" 1968 Switzer Wing "Dust'n the Wind 2",, 1960 Powercat 15C , 1977 17' Molinari w/Evinrude CCC
Posts: 5,004
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation View Post
Yeah but how many recreational boat companies were actually around then?
Chris Craft, Gar Wood, Egg Harbor, Ventnor, ETc, etc.
T2x is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 02:09 PM
  #37
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member
 
T2x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Granite Quarry, NC
My Boats: 1966 !8' Switzer Wing "Miss Diablo" 1968 Switzer Wing "Dust'n the Wind 2",, 1960 Powercat 15C , 1977 17' Molinari w/Evinrude CCC
Posts: 5,004
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLH View Post
Way to many people listen and believe the medias and they are [email protected] doom and gloom...

I mean if you listen to these clowns the next move is a gun in your mouth after voting for a democrat soup kitchen lawyer.
.
Actually...The media is now trying to PLAY DOWN how bad the economy is to make Obama seem like he's having some success.

The facts are simple as I see it....

1. The libs ruined the economy by forcing banks to give mortgages to deadbeats or over reachers, and the media ignored it.

2. The libs blamed it all on Bush and the media trashed him

3. Even worse Libs (Socialist revolutionaries) got elected as a result and the media led the parade.

4. Now our major manufacturing core is destroyed, The housing market is in shambles, our banks don't lend, layoffs and unemployment is soaring (covered up somewhat by people who have been on unemployment for so long that they are now moving over to the welfare rolls), our taxes are about to go into orbit, and the media is talking about "signs of recovery", because the rate of decline is "slowing".

5. Bottom line.....At least 2 more years of this debacle, during which period our entire life styles, everyday brands, and leisure choices will change markedly for the worse, and the media will be concentrating solely on getting Obama re-elected playing "Happy Days are here again" for the nitwit voters.

I am in the truck transportation business and we monitor tonnage traveling on all modes, rail, air, water and road... there are NO SIGNS of improvement.....in any area...other than seasonal produce.

We voted these b*st*rds in and the cost is going to be too much to swallow.

T2x

Last edited by T2x; 07-02-2009 at 02:12 PM.
T2x is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 02:12 PM
  #38
Registered
 
Sean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Darien, CT
My Boats: Donzi Sweet 16
Posts: 3,161
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drypipetiger View Post
It's a 42 footer.
it's a fountain. everyone knows it's really only 38 feet.
Sean is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 02:14 PM
  #39
Registered
 
Sean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Darien, CT
My Boats: Donzi Sweet 16
Posts: 3,161
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by T2x View Post
Actually...The media is now trying to PLAY DOWN how bad the economy is to make Obama seem like he's having some success.

The facts are simple as I see it....

1. The libs ruined the economy by forcing banks to give mortgages to deadbeats or over reachers, and the media ignored it.

2. The libs blamed it all on Bush and the media trashed him

3. Even worse Libs (Socialist revolutionaries) got elected as a result and the media led the parade.

4. Now our major manufacturing core is destroyed, The housing market is in shambles, our banks don't lend, layoffs and unemployment is soaring (covered up somewhat by people who have been on unemployment for so long that they are now moving over to the welfare rolls), our taxes are about to go into orbit, and the media is talking about "signs of recovery", because the rate of decline is "slowing".

5. Bottom line.....At least 2 more years of this debacle, during which period our entire life styles, everyday brands, and leisure choices will change markedly for the worse, and the media will be concentrating solely on getting Obama re-elected playing "Happy Days are here again" for the nitwit voters.

I am in the truck transportation business and we monitor tonnage traveling on all modes, rail, air, water and road... there are NO SIGNS of improvement.....in any area...other than seasonal produce.

We voted these b*st*rds in and the cost is going to be too much to swallow.

T2x
wise beyond your years(which i hear are many)...

although...I did not vote this administration into office...many of you had the wool pulled over your eyes by a smooth talking lawyer....nothing more.

Last edited by Sean; 07-02-2009 at 02:17 PM.
Sean is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 02:30 PM
  #40
Registered
 
dreamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: cleveland
My Boats: boatless... with money in the bank!!
Posts: 5,798
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drypipetiger View Post
I don't care if it is a Fountain... This is a buy with this power and drive package. And this is only the asking price. Who knows what it will actually sell for.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o29750-en.html

43 donzi 2007 700s 210k
dreamer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:58 PM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.