Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   OSS Racing on Lake Cumberland - May 15 - 17. (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/206632-oss-racing-lake-cumberland-may-15-17-a.html)

Ron P 04-10-2009 12:38 PM

OSS Racing on Lake Cumberland - May 15 - 17.

1 Attachment(s)
Who's coming to Lake Cumberland on May 15 - 17 for the inaugural OSS race on the lake?

www.lakecumberlandgrandprix.com

As long as we have enough floating docks, we'll be doing our new heat racing format on Sunday. Racing from noon to 4pm.

We'll also offer Pro/Am series racing for open cockpit boats with top speeds of 105 miles per hour. There are 4 Pro/Am classes that use average lap speeds of 65, 75, 85 and 95. Lap speeds are generally 10mph lower than top speed.

The course is 5.85 miles around and the Race Village will be near the Dam at Halcombs Landing.

This chart shows the race course and spectator lines.

SkiDoc 04-10-2009 01:04 PM

I will be there. Looking forward to it. Going to start getting the boat ready. I would like to help but my kids birthdays are that weekend.

jmoore1225 04-10-2009 01:27 PM

I'll be there!!!! 1 question is it going to be possible to dock & be able to get out n walk around the pits by boat?? I sure hope so...

Ron P 04-10-2009 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by jmoore1225 (Post 2840864)
I'll be there!!!! 1 question is it going to be possible to dock & be able to get out n walk around the pits by boat?? I sure hope so...

That's going to be a tough one. The ramp at Holcombs landing will be closes as two cranes will be at the water's edge. We'll also have floating docks by the cranes for the race boats only and proper credintials will be needed to get on those docks.

The upper parking will hold the race village. I suppose if you find a place to pull up on the shore, then walk up the hill, you can get into Race Village. They may have it gated and charge $5 or $10 bucks to get in. The grass fields on the far side of the dam will be used for parking and a shuttle will bring people into the Race Village.

Talk Offshore will be broadcasting over PA and we hope to also hook up with a local FM station to carry the race live on Sunday.

Everyone is working hard to make this a great event.

If it's anything like the Poker Run, it will be off the hook. Look for a party at State Dock on Friday or Saturday night.

Racegirl3 04-10-2009 04:25 PM

I'll be there. Cant wait! Miss you guys ... lookin forward to kickin off summer :drink:

Ron P 04-10-2009 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by Racegirl3 (Post 2841012)
I'll be there. Cant wait! Miss you guys ... lookin forward to kickin off summer :drink:

Oh boy, now the party is getting started. Not staying on that trashy houseboat are ya?:drink:

Remember, BYOB.:drink:

crowntow 04-10-2009 07:58 PM

We will be there.

Racegirl3 04-10-2009 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by Ron P (Post 2841081)
Oh boy, now the party is getting started. Not staying on that trashy houseboat are ya?:drink:

Remember, BYOB.:drink:

Why yes I am :D I had a lesson in "dry counties" on our trip down to Destin a few years back. A lesson I wont soon forget :drink:

Ron P 04-10-2009 10:05 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Bring your Bonnett! This is down home fun!

sonic69 04-10-2009 11:17 PM

I have a group of ten planning on being there. I'm going down next weekend to bring the boat home to do some upgrades. I'll take it back that weekend. If we come over from Connely Bottom can we even get close on the boat or do we need to drive over?