Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   OT: Ladies only please (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/20665-ot-ladies-only-please.html)

OutlawBayB 03-22-2002 12:09 AM

OT: Ladies only please

1 Attachment(s)
Ok, need a little help here......just dyed my hair-the darkest brown (hydrience dark brown) I could find and,,.......

my hair is JET BLACK!!!! I need it out-fast!!! Any suggestions???Anyone??? Not to mention the fact that I just cut @ 15 inches off!!! Now, it's looking wicked & fried. I can't cut anymore off.:(

What color should I put in it? How much , when ?????

I want it back to this color or close.....and I don't know much @ hair coloring, can you tell? LOL

BK 03-22-2002 12:12 AM

What level of coloring did you use? Permanent or semi-permanent???

ActiveThunderTodd 03-22-2002 12:16 AM

This is Tracy on Todd's ID

You should go to a really good salon. They should be able to take care of it for you.

They probably won't take you too much lighter in color because that will be damaging to your hair.

I recommend going to a salon for any hair care. It's worth it in the long run even though at the time it seems worth it to your pocket book to do it your self.

GOOD LUCK

Tracy

OutlawBayB 03-22-2002 12:23 AM

Trust me...I know that one! But, I thought it was so simple, I just wanted to take the blonde hi lites completely outta there!!

The color IS permanent. But, why did it turn black????

Can't go to the salon anytime soon-this haircut just cost me $95, don't forget the tip. I'm gonna wait 7 days, but how do you get black out?? OR should I just do brown/gold hi lites allover?

Need some expert haircoloring advice here....give me the scoop on what to do, please. Without going to the salon.......Ugh!!!

BK 03-22-2002 12:25 AM

I agree with Tracy.

My hair is about the same color as yours and once had a salon put in some extra sun streaks, and somehow they totally goofed -- I ended up with black hair. They tried to tell me it was just the 'salon lighting'.

So, I went to a different stylist and had her bring it back to normal brunette. She did it with the first try, although now ALL my natural highlights were gone.

Maybe you can tell them your dilemma and they'll give you a delayed billing??

Good luck!!

MissHBjet 03-22-2002 12:31 AM

I know this isnt what you wanna hear, but I did the same thing and ended up going to the Salon to get it fixed. Sat in the chair for 4 hours and paid 135.00, but it was worth it. Now I get a lot of compliments on my hair. You need to see a professional.

Good luck,
MissHBjet

SunseekerNY 03-22-2002 06:34 AM

Dear Outlaw:

I think you look really pretty, and your hair does not look black in that picture.

ALL Permanent hair color usually has a peroxide base - even the dark colors. It also tends to lighten a bit as you wash it over the first week. Let that happen. If you must do another home hair-dye experiment, find the color you want your hair to be (make sure it has a peroxide base), just don't leave it on for the entire time. Leave it on 15-30 percent less.

My sister-in-law dyes her hair once a month with permanent color, but she has short hair. She's never done any damage to her hair, but everyone is different.

Good luck!

Jennifer

OutlawBayB 03-22-2002 03:23 PM

Jennifer,
That's what my hair normally looks like. Now, it's just above my shoulders and JET BLACK!! :eek:
It's totally frizzed out, too. Or maybe the black just emphasizes that. My hair is really fine, yet I have a lot of hair-not thick. Just thin & full. The damage has been done already. :(

But, all the boxes say not recommended for black hair.?? I'll leave it in for a week then look for peroxide based colors.......So, pick the color I want (which I did in the 1st place) and ended up here. I'll try one more time, next week & see how it goes....:rolleyes:

If all else fails, off to the salon I go.......:( :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Thanks for everyone's help!!

soflgrl 03-22-2002 03:43 PM

If you do it yourself, try to go a Sally's or someplace like that. They will help you get a color that will lighten the black. What ever color you try at first may give it a Auburn type color. Trust me i know this has happened to me before. Now i have a blonde color that I wont even mess with cause i to scared to go dark again. Plus my kids hate it when i do a dark color they say i look to old with it.
Another thing you can do is the highlights. That will make it look alot lighter. But do wait a week at least or you'll fry your hair.

Good luck.
Barbara