Old Treasure Island boat - Violator >

Old Treasure Island boat - Violator

Notices

Old Treasure Island boat - Violator

Old 04-20-2009, 08:13 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Parker,

When I first started Googling Violator, I came across your posts about your father. My belated condolences. While I was not deeply involved in the Rabco-rave of the 80's. I would always stop to watch them go by. In fact, I could hear them from my backyard on Paradise Island when they would run by in the gulf. The Don Cesar/Green Streets era was notorious. Between Violator and Miami Vice, I knew what my hoppy was going to be.

I signed up for Scream and Fly. Where shall I look for the photos?
Old 04-20-2009, 12:22 PM
Registered

Went through the photos on S&F (whose site is running extraordinarily faster than OSO today) and found this one.
Attached Thumbnails Old Treasure Island boat - Violator-hammer-down-vol-iii-39-u.jpg  
Old 04-20-2009, 06:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

cool photo .. I grew up in the same time/place awesome times to remember, pops had a scarab "**** HAPPENS" ... wonder what ever happened to it. use to just idolize those things..
Old 04-20-2009, 06:26 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by PARKER RABE
the owners name was tom verdun , and yes the boat was totally redone by the new owner in 2004 and has sat in storage at lightning bay marine on gandy blvd , in st pete ever since , tom now has one of the last 35 rabco built by my dad with outboards there are some pics of it on scream and fly , everybody remembers the days of partying behind the don cesar with all the rabcos anchored up ! and running to green streets!
had a Rabco Hustler, and also a 28 Rabco called "DELIROUS" .there is still a STREAKER by the lake house used to ski behind it quite a bit..
Old 04-20-2009, 06:44 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ultimate cat
cool photo .. I grew up in the same time/place awesome times to remember, pops had a scarab "**** HAPPENS" ... wonder what ever happened to it. use to just idolize those things..
I saw the owner **** happens get arrested at gaspirilla over a girl being silly. Talked to him about buying the boat I was a newbie he was very forward and honest on the boat scared me right off! Of course I bought a worse boat fron less of guy shortly there after!
Steve
Old 04-20-2009, 07:28 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LaughingCat
Very cool. I'll swing by lightning Bay next time I cruise Gandy. Actually, did I hear that lightning Bay was moving to john's Pass? Thanks for the update.
yep- they moved about a month ago to John's Pass next to Gators.
Old 04-20-2009, 08:16 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ultimate cat
Those Rabco's and Miami Vice have embedded a deep passion for speed on the water. Taking my time with the family right now and playing with a more versatile Scarab Sport. My kids are young and already know they want to see daddy move up to something bigger, faster and sounding ferocious.

Maybe black hulls will be back in style and I can call it Violator. If so, will stop by and give Tom a ride.
Old 04-20-2009, 08:20 PM
Registered

Default Green Streets!

Originally Posted by LaughingCat
Hi Parker,

When I first started Googling Violator, I came across your posts about your father. My belated condolences. While I was not deeply involved in the Rabco-rave of the 80's. I would always stop to watch them go by. In fact, I could hear them from my backyard on Paradise Island when they would run by in the gulf. The Don Cesar/Green Streets era was notorious. Between Violator and Miami Vice, I knew what my hoppy was going to be.

I signed up for Scream and Fly. Where shall I look for the photos?
That was the place I saw many "races" in the intercoastal there. I drove my first Scarab there it was cold and we wore sport coats and fought over who was Crocket and who was Tubbs! Fun times
Steve
The following users liked this post:
Roger614 (09-12-2020)
Old 04-20-2009, 09:12 PM
Registered
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by smiklos@sunprint
I saw the owner **** happens get arrested at gaspirilla over a girl being silly. Talked to him about buying the boat I was a newbie he was very forward and honest on the boat scared me right off! Of course I bought a worse boat fron less of guy shortly there after!
Steve
Hello Steve,

What kind of money was he asking for the baot.

Jack
Old 04-20-2009, 09:56 PM
Registered

Default **** Happens

This was about 1988 I think $40k has small TRS transmissions I think.
Steve

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.