Old Treasure Island boat - Violator >

Old Treasure Island boat - Violator

Notices

Old Treasure Island boat - Violator

Old 04-10-2009, 09:08 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Old Treasure Island boat - Violator

I grew up on Paradise Island and one of the few go-fast boats in the area at the time was a black with gold trim Rabco called Violator. Anyone know what happened to this boat?
Old 04-10-2009, 09:55 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Violator

the boat belonged to Tom_______. Sold it years ago to who knows. Haven't heard about it since. Saw Tom a few years back but nothing on the old boat
Old 04-10-2009, 10:00 PM
Registered

every once in awhile, I drive from Tampa and check out my old stomping grounds. Looking off the one bridge, looks like he has something with egg beaters (like me)

I had heard his son or daughter and son-in-law ended up with it, but it sat around.
Old 04-11-2009, 08:34 AM
Registered

The Violator was famous around here for years. Black and Gold metal flake as I recall, and very loud. 35' Rabco splashed from the 35' Cig I believe.
Old 04-11-2009, 06:11 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike A.
The Violator was famous around here for years. Black and Gold metal flake as I recall, and very loud. 35' Rabco splashed from the 35' Cig I believe.
There was a group of "ator" boats around here. Violator, instigator, negotiator etc.
Steve
Old 04-11-2009, 08:38 PM
Registered

I did a quick google search and found this

http://williamsdetailing.blogspot.co...-violator.html

Not the right boat. Would be cool to see some photos of the old beast. Made a big name for himself as a go-fast outlaw. make me want to have the loudest boat on this side of florida and roll up at 3am.
Old 04-17-2009, 09:26 PM
Registered
VIP Member
VIP Member

Default violator

Hello Laughing cat,

The boat that you found on that web sit is the old violator that you are looking for. I believe the fellow that owns it lives in Tampa. He completely re did the boat new power,interior,and paint, Larry Mix in st Pete painted the boat all this was done some years ago. There is some areas wear the paint is peeling and you can see the old black and gold metal flake paint job. I seen the boat just a week ago at the donzi dealer lighting bay on gandy.

Jack.
Old 04-18-2009, 06:42 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Cool boat. Gotta wonder why people let things go all to hell like that.
Old 04-19-2009, 10:04 AM
Registered

Very cool. I'll swing by lightning Bay next time I cruise Gandy. Actually, did I hear that lightning Bay was moving to john's Pass? Thanks for the update.
Old 04-19-2009, 09:04 PM
Registered

the owners name was tom verdun , and yes the boat was totally redone by the new owner in 2004 and has sat in storage at lightning bay marine on gandy blvd , in st pete ever since , tom now has one of the last 35 rabco built by my dad with outboards there are some pics of it on scream and fly , everybody remembers the days of partying behind the don cesar with all the rabcos anchored up ! and running to green streets!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.