Bravo gimble housing wires >

Bravo gimble housing wires

Notices

Bravo gimble housing wires

Old 04-18-2009, 01:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bravo gimble housing wires

I bought a new gimble housing that will work with my 1996 7.4 mpi and the problem im having is their are two sets of two wires comming out of the gimble housing two go to the motor wiring harness which i have plugged in and the other two i dont know were they go , and i also have a fluid for the outdrive with two wires commming out of it and dont know were they go can anyone help me please thanks james
Old 04-18-2009, 01:15 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Trim swith wires and the other set may be for the trailer swith. Wires coming from the Drive fluid bottle are for the alarm and should plug into the harness.
Old 04-18-2009, 01:52 PM
Registered

Default bravo gimble

im sorry what do you mean the two other wires for the trailer ?
Old 04-18-2009, 02:03 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,816 Likes on 904 Posts

They are from the pucks for the trim senders and trim limit senders. The trim limit sender makes you use the trailer/trim button, if your boat has one. If not, you only need to hook up two of the wires.
Old 04-18-2009, 02:35 PM
Registered

the too other wires from the back of the boat is called your trim limit switch and should hook up in the area by your trim pump, or some times the trim pump wire harness for where thoes wires need to plug in at are ran in the pumps wire harness up along the transom wall or along the edge running left to right behind the pump. Just trace the pumps wires up the transom. i think the colors of wires you are looking for should be white with blue stripe and white with purpel or it might be red can't remember right now with out looking. the bottle wires should be one with tan with blue and the other shoud be with it and I believe it is black. the trim limit switch is for when you are running the engine it should not let the drive come up all the way only half way in general. So you will not cause damage to the drive area. I hope this helps good luck.
Old 04-18-2009, 09:22 PM
Registered

Default gimlbel wiring

thankyiu all for the help , i fixed it with all yoiur help thankyoiu all