Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Who's boating in South Texas this weekend!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/20687-whos-boating-south-texas-weekend.html)

29scarab 03-22-2002 10:35 AM

Who's boating in South Texas this weekend!!

Got the Scarab back with the new gadgets.

Going to be running in Clear Lake, Galveston this weekend!

Anybody else going to be out this weekend in the area!

Jana
OutlawBayB
EZ TERMS

or anybody else????

Suppose to be some nice weather!!!

:D :cool: :D :cool:

Shawn

Jana 03-22-2002 01:10 PM

I'll be out there, but not on my boat. I'm going to Galveston on board a friend's 64' Matthews for a Power Squadron rendezvous. You're welcome to come run circles around us and make me wish I was in the Fountain. :D The boat's name is 'Conquistador'. I can't fathom the idea that it's going to take more than an hour to get down there!

29scarab 03-22-2002 02:11 PM

I'll be lookin for ya!!

:D :D :D

Dredgeking 03-22-2002 02:26 PM

if i wasn't in vegas, i'd love to be up there. let me know how the boat runs. what kind of speed do you expect?

OutlawBayB 03-22-2002 03:11 PM

Originally posted by Jana
I can't fathom the idea that it's going to take more than an hour to get down there!
Nasdboy (hubby) was down 45 to Nasa Rd. 1 & said it was a nightmare due to all the ongoing construction. And that was during the day!! The weekends are usually worse, we'll wait till they halt the bldg. phase......mid summer???

We'll be out in Conroe late Sat. SOn has a t-ball game at 10:30, so maybe 1:30-2?? Might go out Sunday to Conroe, too if you're interested.

29scarab 03-22-2002 04:48 PM

There are back roads to bypass all that CRAP on Nasa Rd. 1

I'm still tweakin' on the boat with prop selection!

I get to try out the new GPS speed!!:D

I got a new digital camera this past weekend. Hope to put some pics up of the boat with new additions!!

See yall monday!!!!

Yall!!!( what redneck slang)!!!!!:D

Jana 03-22-2002 05:17 PM

OutlawBayB - You can come across 225 to 146 or get off I-45 at Bay Area Blvd and take that to El Camino Real or Space Center. I'd recommend the 146 route, which puts you at the Kemah bridge. The south side ramp is one of the best in the area.

Oh yeah, I was talking about the 4-6 hours it's going to take to get to Galveston by SLOW trawler yacht tomorrow, not the construction. (I don't use NASA 1 anymore.)

H2Xmark 03-22-2002 07:11 PM

Hello to all, well 29 wish I could make it but I am on call all weekend, only good about that is it will give me some time to finish up a couple of things on the boat, have already changed oil& filter, and sea pump impellor kit, only thing left to do is change drive oil, I will catch up with the Big H crowd soon though
hope you have a good time. Mark:cool:

Dueclaws 03-22-2002 08:06 PM

I'm going to try to go for a short ride Sunday. Is the weather supposed to hold?

Thunder Roy 03-22-2002 09:56 PM

Hey 29 I will be there Sunday. Let's hook up.
Have you been to Ninfas lately? It is now called
Boardwalk Grill. Great food!!!!! Great service!!
Don't run off and leave me with that new blower.:o