Boating Around Chattanooga Tn >

Boating Around Chattanooga Tn

Notices

Boating Around Chattanooga Tn

Old 01-25-2009, 10:57 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Boating Around Chattanooga Tn

Looks like i am going to be moving to Chattanooga Tn....What is the boating like there...rivers and lakes....anyone have any first hand experience about living in the area....it's not set in stone yet but it looks like a good fit for me and the family....thanks...
Old 01-25-2009, 11:54 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

beautiful area, we have raced there the past couple of years and have only heard the pleasure boating is spectaular on Chickamauga lake. Have a few friends that live there and say it is good and bad, no different than anyplace else, great downtown area for restaurants, which are quite tasty also Atlanta is approx an hour south if you want to play in the big city

A good reference point would be OSO screen name "Pops" who can be reached thru www.starsrecue.com and I might be wrong but a life long resident of the area and he can give you the lowdown. Good luck to you!
Old 01-25-2009, 04:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lots of power boats, miles and miles of rivers,
Old 01-26-2009, 07:09 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by gnorthga
Lots of power boats, miles and miles of rivers,
are there many performance boats or just a bunch of cruisers going up and down the river....thanks
Old 01-26-2009, 07:21 AM
Registered

Both, There are a lot of powerboats south of their 40 minutes at lake allatoona in GA. The Atlanta powerboat club goes to the river twice a year its fun to run on the river but it is dead flat.
Old 01-26-2009, 08:06 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by getchasum111
are there many performance boats or just a bunch of cruisers going up and down the river....thanks

getchasum,

We moved here to Chattanooga about 10 years ago from the KY Lake area and we really like it. There is plenty of water with Chickamauga Lake and the TN River that runs thru it. There are 4 main marina's at the Chattanooga end of the lake. There are a lot of cruisers, but really just a hand full of go-fasts.......maybe 15 or so. Some of us get together most every weekend, but normally no big raft offs like you see at other lakes as there's not really an official party area. Depending on where you do your boating now, the one negative is heavy water traffic......cruisers and jet ski's everywhere. It got even worse the last 2 years because half of Atlanta moved their boats up here because of the drought. Last summer, there was not a wet or dry slip available on the lake. You really have to be on your toes. There are a few restaurants on the lake that are fun to go to, and if you want to lock thru the dam, you can go down river (about 3-4 miles) to the river front where you will find any kind of restaurant/bar you could want. There are a couple of little poker runs and river cruises that we do here and a few of us travel to some of the other local (within 4 hours) poker runs: Nashville-2 hrs. Knoxville-1.5 hours Ky Lake PR-4 hrs, Lake Cumberland PR-4 hrs.

What brings you to Chattanooga? Call or e-mail me and I'll give you the skinny on Chatt town. By the way, I did include my Faja as one of the go-fasts, but most of my local buds don't

Last edited by TCBoss302; 01-27-2009 at 08:36 AM.
Old 01-26-2009, 09:28 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by TCBoss302
getchasum,

We moved here to Chattanooga about 10 years ago from the KY Lake area and we really like it. There is plenty of water with Chickamauga Lake and the TN River that runs thru it. There are 4 main marina's at the Chattanooga end of the lake. There are a lot of cruisers, but really just a hand full of go-fasts.......maybe 15 or so. Some of us get together most every weekend, but normally no big raft offs like you see at other lakes as there's not really an official party area. Depending on where you do your boating now, the one negative is heavy water traffic......cruisers and jet ski's everywhere. It got even worse the last 2 years because half of Atlanta moved there boats up here because of the drought. Last summer, there was not a wet or dry slip available on the lake. You really have to be on your toes. There are a few restaurants on the lake that are fun to go to, and if you want to lock thru the dam, you can go down river (about 3-4 miles) to the river front where you will find any kind of restaurant/bar you could want. There are a couple of little poker runs and river cruises that we do here and a few of us travel to some of the other local (within 4 hours) poker runs: Nashville-2 hrs. Knoxville-1.5 hours Ky Lake PR-4 hrs, Lake Cumberland PR-4 hrs.

What brings you to Chattanooga? Call or e-mail me and I'll give you the skinny on Chatt town. By the way, I did include my Faja as one of the go-fasts, but most of my local buds don't
thanks TCBoss...i don't see and e-mail or phone #....can you pm me...i would love some info....
Old 01-26-2009, 10:21 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by getchasum111
thanks TCBoss...i don't see and e-mail or phone #....can you pm me...i would love some info....
Getchasum,

Here is my information. I don't think I can PM you because I didn't renew my membership.

Thomas Clark
423-400-2585
[email protected]
Old 01-26-2009, 07:16 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TCBoss302
getchasum,

We moved here to Chattanooga about 10 years ago from the KY Lake area and we really like it. There is plenty of water with Chickamauga Lake and the TN River that runs thru it. There are 4 main marina's at the Chattanooga end of the lake. There are a lot of cruisers, but really just a hand full of go-fasts.......maybe 15 or so. Some of us get together most every weekend, but normally no big raft offs like you see at other lakes as there's not really an official party area. Depending on where you do your boating now, the one negative is heavy water traffic......cruisers and jet ski's everywhere. It got even worse the last 2 years because half of Atlanta moved there boats up here because of the drought. Last summer, there was not a wet or dry slip available on the lake. You really have to be on your toes. There are a few restaurants on the lake that are fun to go to, and if you want to lock thru the dam, you can go down river (about 3-4 miles) to the river front where you will find any kind of restaurant/bar you could want. There are a couple of little poker runs and river cruises that we do here and a few of us travel to some of the other local (within 4 hours) poker runs: Nashville-2 hrs. Knoxville-1.5 hours Ky Lake PR-4 hrs, Lake Cumberland PR-4 hrs.

dude I love your boat
Old 01-26-2009, 07:17 PM
Registered

Thomas You got the nicest faja on chickamauga lake.

Quick Reply: Boating Around Chattanooga Tn

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.