Adding Pyrometer Dual Gauge >

Adding Pyrometer Dual Gauge

Notices

Adding Pyrometer Dual Gauge

Old 04-18-2009, 10:11 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adding Pyrometer Dual Gauge

Adding a pyrometer dual gauge to my craft the probes will be in #1 & #2 cyl and shooting for 12.5:1 to 13:1. When jetting to the exhaust temperature should it be done at wide open throttle? If I do jet to wide open will this will this make it run rich when I am in a no wake zone and running cruise speeds?
Old 04-19-2009, 09:24 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by goebel1
Adding a pyrometer dual gauge to my craft the probes will be in #1 & #2 cyl and shooting for 12.5:1 to 13:1. When jetting to the exhaust temperature should it be done at wide open throttle? If I do jet to wide open will this will this make it run rich when I am in a no wake zone and running cruise speeds?
anybody??
Old 04-20-2009, 07:42 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The pyrometer will only read exhaust temperature. So record your temperatures at all speeds and post them here so we can advise you. If they are between 1150 and 1350 from 2000 to top end, you should be all set. They should rise as the RPM and speed increases.
Old 04-20-2009, 08:17 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by John B
The pyrometer will only read exhaust temperature. So record your temperatures at all speeds and post them here so we can advise you. If they are between 1150 and 1350 from 2000 to top end, you should be all set. They should rise as the RPM and speed increases.
Ok thanks