Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
ot-kinda--lasik surgery--the real deal >

ot-kinda--lasik surgery--the real deal

Notices

ot-kinda--lasik surgery--the real deal

Old 03-23-2002, 07:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm crapppin my pants just thinking about it.. i need it too... just the thought of it though... a laser .. MY EYE !!....did your insurance pick up any of it. i haven't checked mine...i agree with ya Too Old ,.,.,.,.this place rules....
Old 03-23-2002, 08:12 PM
Registered

nasti--not many ins.co's cover the whole thing--my wifes,who i am also covered by said they would cover 20%--but i would have to go down to maryland to get it done--not worth it for 20%--
Old 03-23-2002, 08:18 PM
Charter Member #415
Charter Member

Hey,Fred,my arms got too short a couple years ago,bought 1.25 glasses at a discount store,$5 a pair. I'm at 1.50 now,still $5. Have about 6 pair scattered everywhere. Will probrably have to go to 1.75's at some point. I'm not going to do any surgery till I have to,besides the glasses hide the wrinkles under my eyes, LOL. And you are right,any advice we need is on this site.
Old 03-23-2002, 08:58 PM
Registered

fred--the 2 best investments i have made that made me feel good was #1 (close/almost tie)-eye surgery--then a very close #2 a heart transplant (also elective) for the scarab-blue lighting made me feel as comfortable as diamond vision--john
Old 03-23-2002, 09:01 PM
Registered

Let me add another option for those of you who don't have too bad of a lens perscription....Intacts. Also known as corneal rings. I was a little concerned about any long term effects of Lasik and my eyes weren't too bad, so I opted for the Intacts.
They insert small, clear C-rings over the cornea to correct the sphere of the cornea. came out with 20/10 vision - that's fighter pilot vison! Just a little pressure on the eyes, a microscopic stitch over the lens of the eye, and you're otta there.
Best part is, it's not permanent. If I need a heavier ring they can replace them, or if I'm just unhappy with them - they can take them out. So, I could then go with Lasik as a final, permanent option in thened. Just thought I'd share that with you guys!
Old 03-23-2002, 09:42 PM
Registered

Thumbs up dangerkitty, 28 Pantera

Wifey had Lasik done 2+ years, in Orlando Dr Brock Mcgruder and"ME LIKEY" ! ! ! !. She makes a great navigator in the boat at 75+. She came home, took a nap and wokeup to see the clock across the room. May need readers in a couple years,but may not. No more messing with contacts on planes, in boats, or snow sking.

She says she'd do it again, we even have her video of her procedure, Both eyes 10 minutes. "Yes , I.m glad I did it". (Wifey)

Go for it.