ot-kinda--lasik surgery--the real deal >

ot-kinda--lasik surgery--the real deal

Notices

ot-kinda--lasik surgery--the real deal

Old 03-22-2002, 08:34 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ot-kinda--lasik surgery--the real deal

i was crappin my pants for 3 weeeks before my day of surgery--took a few zannex before i got there-when i walked in they offered me a valume--i declined as not to o.d.--the surgery was over in less than ten mins.--back in the car and home within an hour---the best thing i have ever done--well ,accept getting into boating--for all you people who wear glasses-you don't know what your missing (literaly) until you get YOUR vision back--i wasn't that bad--but things far away (like channel markers) were blurry-reading signs on the roads a little tough-night time driving was scary--if your thinking about it-DO IT--it was $2400 for both eyes at diamond vision--john wait-i don't need glasses anymore- thats more like it
Old 03-22-2002, 09:18 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

They tell you up front that the lasik surgery cannot overcome the natural aging process of the eye. You may need a correction down the road.

My wife had lasik about three years ago. By the way, it cost a lot more back then. She had extremely poor vision to start with. 20-600? Is there such a number? Anyway, the operation went great. Got her back to 20-20. After about two years she was starting to get blurry again so she got a pair of light glasses. She had major coke bottles before the surgery. Just in the last few months her vision has gotten a little worse. She went back for a consultation this week. They have to make sure there is enough tissue to do a correction. The results came back OK. She is going in for the correction next week.

Dave M.
Old 03-22-2002, 10:19 PM
Registered

I had an eye appointment on Monday and asked my doctor about it. He said it is 99% safe, and they could probably correct my vision, however I would probably need glasses again in 3 to 5 years and the procedure can't be done again. They cut your eye to reshape it is how the do it and it's only so thick. Like I said, it's 99% safe but, if I'm going to need glasses again in a couple of years it ain't worth the risk or expence to me. Talk to your doctor, not the guy tring to sell the procedure.
Old 03-22-2002, 10:25 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

My coke bottle glasses wearing friend got it done with excellent results. He is a real wimp about pain and he said it was nothing.
Old 03-22-2002, 10:28 PM
MikeStar

Did it 3 years ago - best money I ever spent. My vision is slightly sharper than 20/20 right now. Can't beat that...

Old 03-23-2002, 07:14 AM
Banned

I went for a consultation a couple years ago. At that time, the procedure for what I had (farsighted with astigmatism) hadn't been approved in the US. They said it shouldn't be long, and put my name down for when it was approved. About three weeks later they called and said it had been approved, so I made the appointment. They did the procedure, and it is no worse than a haircut! My eyes were irritable for the first day, but by the second day, I couldn't believe how sharp my vision was. They told me it would dim a little as it healed. One eye got pretty bad, couldn't see much out of it, so they brought me in for a correction (no cost) about six months later. The procedure isn't a miracle cure, they said I would have the normal vision of a 45 year old man. I wear cheap reading glasses (1.25 diopter) when I have to read fine print (such as a phone book).

All in all, I would say it is the best $1700 I ever spent. Anyone who wears glassses knows what a pain they are on a boat. Contacts sucked too, as they would always dry out on the boat. I even had contacts blow out of my eye while running in the boat. It is so much nicer to wake up in the morning and be able to read the clock without hunting down my glasses.

Anyone who needs it, I highly reccomend it.
Old 03-23-2002, 10:22 AM
Registered

Too old--it didn't hurt--you just feel a little pressure around the eye for about 10 seconds--as far as long term--if your prescription is somewhat stable,you won't have to do it again--what they do is reshape the cornia via lazer (you don't even know their doing it) so the amount of light gets to the retna is correct--i have 20-15 (a little better than 20-20) now--they will always have a disclaimer i.e. you may need glasses or contacts,as to protect themselves--this proceedure has been around scince the early 80's---the only problem that someone would encounter is if the eyes are not healthy to begin with--thats why the screening process is so important--some places might perform the surgery on an unhealthy eye which could cause a problem--as far as being able to do it again (in some cases you might need a slight adjustment) they only charge $125 additional per eye---it is the best money i ever spent ---john
Old 03-23-2002, 10:52 AM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

My wife works in surgury, so she works with eye surgons also. They told her the same thing. Works with great results, but your eyes tend to change again around 45-50yrs old. So not always a perm. fix. Guess need to consider your age and then decide on the cost factor vs time factor.

Jerry
Old 03-23-2002, 03:36 PM
Registered

US 1,
Thats exactly what happened to my eyes. I had the surgery done 13 years ago. My vision was about 20-400. After surgery my vision was 20-10. Over the past two years, at about the age of 45 my eyes started going again. I now wear a real mild perscription and was thinking about going back and having another consultation. The main thing was when I had it done it was $6,000 per eye. . Luckily at the time my insurance carrier picked up the tab.
Fred,
As far as pain there is a only a slight stabbing pain at the time of the incision. After you might feel a little scratchyness. The only one major side effect that some people get is sensitiveness to bright lights at night. There is a starburst pattern effct that oncoming car lights can produce. This usually goes away after a while.
Old 03-23-2002, 07:38 PM
Registered

magnuman--no stabbing pain from anyone that i have talked to-i didn't have any--and if i heard that from someone before the surgery i would have bailed out (call me chicken ****)--possibly the new technoligy has eliminated that--john

Quick Reply: ot-kinda--lasik surgery--the real deal

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.