Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   ANY VOULENTERS? Sunny Isles Beach Offshore Powerboat Race (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/207419-any-voulenters-sunny-isles-beach-offshore-powerboat-race.html)

LubeJobs42 04-22-2009 10:26 AM

ANY VOULENTERS? Sunny Isles Beach Offshore Powerboat Race

Sunny Isles Beach Offshore Powerboat Race is less than 2 months away. Larry and Brad along with all the others involved have been fighting an uphill battle. With the current economy, sponsors are very hard to come by. This even is not a profit making event, the proceeds go to a children’s charity. I was talking with Larry last night and hear the frustration and stess in his voice.
I took it upon myself to post this. Is there anyone willing to volunteer to help for this event?

I know they need check point boats for along the route.
They need people to help in all areas, with and without boats.
I know medical guys are a huge expense.
plus 1000 other things.
They are also in need of actual sponsors!

Any idea, suggestions or questions, post them. Let’s see if we can help these guys!!

My wife is going to volunteer to pilot and supply a Helicopter which are will help cut a big expense.

It will be a lot of fun and this is a great way to get close to the action and be part of the biggest, best event of the summer.

Thank you!!

rchevelle71 04-22-2009 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42 (Post 2850072)
Sunny Isles Beach Offshore Powerboat Race is less than 2 months away. Larry and Brad along with all the others involved have been fighting an uphill battle. With the current economy, sponsors are very hard to come by. This even is not a profit making event, the proceeds go to a children’s charity. I was talking with Larry last night and hear the frustration and stess in his voice.
I took it upon myself to post this. Is there anyone willing to volunteer to help for this event?

I know they need check point boats for along the route.
They need people to help in all areas, with and without boats.
I know medical guys are a huge expense.
plus 1000 other things.
They are also in need of actual sponsors!

Any idea, suggestions or questions, post them. Let’s see if we can help these guys!!

My wife is going to volunteer to pilot and supply a Helicopter which are will help cut a big expense.

It will be a lot of fun and this is a great way to get close to the action and be part of the biggest, best event of the summer.

Thank you!!

Gino,

If there is anything I can do to help by land, let me know, I would offer you some boat type help, but I dont think you have any need for a 24 pantera with a 3-man??

Rick

gregsweeney 04-22-2009 11:58 AM

What are the dates and location? What type of sponsorship $ are they looking for?

BLee 04-22-2009 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by rchevelle71 (Post 2850137)
Gino,

I would offer you some boat type help, but I dont think you have any need for a 24 pantera with a 3-man??

Rick

Judging by Miami's turnout, they may need you to race!

:boat:

Sean H 04-22-2009 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by BLee (Post 2850153)

Luckily, the Bimini run on Friday is associated with the OSS race on Sunday, not a SBI race, or you may be right! :drink:

Of course, the 368 would be a good looking boat on the Bimini run... :cool:

Ryan Beckley 04-22-2009 12:15 PM

The race is June 11-14th 2009 the race website is http://siboffshore.com/

FREEZE FRAME VIDEO 04-22-2009 12:32 PM

Freeze Frame 30 superboat Will Do The Bimini run!!

1 Attachment(s)
Freeze Frame 30 superboat Will Do The Bimini run on Friday
I Have A Helicopter coming In To Do the Photos For All Events Freeze Frame

rchevelle71 04-22-2009 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by BLee (Post 2850153)

I would , but I think everyone would give up waiting, and go home before I got back, it only has a merc 225 on the back:eek:

Miami SBI is always a low turnout, first race of the season, equipment not readt, etc. etc.

FREEZE FRAME VIDEO 04-22-2009 02:33 PM

2 225's

[QUOTE=rchevelle71;2850176]I would , but I think everyone would give up waiting, and go home before I got back, it only has a merc 225 on the back:eek:

The Boat Has 2 - 225's on it jeff

Racegirl3 04-22-2009 02:43 PM

Wish I could help .... :D