Like Tree0Likes

Concept Boats Provides Excellent Customer Service

Reply
Old 04-25-2009, 06:47 AM
  #1
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 5
Default Concept Boats Provides Excellent Customer Service

Customer Service is an understatement when it comes to Concept Boats standing behind its product. I had a problem with the interior fabric on my 36 Concpet. Although I was disappointed that the problem occurred, the way the company handled themselves was very impressive. Through the help of my local dealer (Frank Civitano) and a representative for Concept Boats (Denny Backis) I was able to arrange for having the interior re upholstered. It was here where I came into contact with Tomes Marina in Maryland. The owner Jack Conrad was a pleasure to deal with, and treated me as if he knew me for years, and trusted me as if I was a long term customer. The entire team at Tomes (Tom, Dave, etc) did a wonderful job of transporting my boat, winterizing, warranty work, and the new interior. I was skeptical of how the interior would turn out, but to my surprise it looked like it was directly from the factory. I could not be more satisfied with my new interior, Tomes Marina service and staff, and Concept Boats. I highly recommend Concept boats for there quality construction and great customer service. This will be the one boat that my family always owns.

Thank you all for your help!
mabiebaby is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 10:17 AM
  #2
Who Me?
Platinum Member
 
FeverMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Tampa
My Boats: 2006 38TE Fountain
Posts: 6,656
Default

Nice 1st post...welcome! As a past owner of a 36 Concept I'd like to know what was wrong with the interior for it to be replaced? Was this a warranty issue? Also tell us more about what Concept you have.
FeverMike is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 10:47 AM
  #3
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeverMike View Post
Nice 1st post...welcome! As a past owner of a 36 Concept I'd like to know what was wrong with the interior for it to be replaced? Was this a warranty issue? Also tell us more about what Concept you have.
I have a 2006 36 with trip 250 Verados, love the boat! The interior after only two seasons completely faded and deteriorated, to the point that pieces of the material were peeling off. Also, the color in the stitching of the logo faded out, and mildew began to form under all the material. Im not sure if it was a warranty issue, or just a situation where concept decided to do the correct thing for the customer. I am planning on buying more Concepts in the future, so this was a good way to treat a customer!
mabiebaby is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 01:06 PM
  #4
Who Me?
Platinum Member
 
FeverMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Tampa
My Boats: 2006 38TE Fountain
Posts: 6,656
Default

I am having vinyl mildew issue too on my Fountain center console but only when I cover the seats. This did not happen for the 1st 2 years then I had the boat detailed during a service and it started to happen. I hate leaving my seats uncovered but this is the only way to keep them from showing this orange and purple mildew.

I had a 36 2004 Concept for 2 years and got a ton of mildew in the cabin but never had an issue with the seats. The cabin mildew was cleanable but I had to do it every week. I had an issue with the white powder coating bubbling up and flaking off especially on top of the arch where Concept drilled the holes to mount the lights and gps antenna.

Good for you getting them to fix your interior under warranty. I did not have such luck.

Trip 250 V-Rods must go around 72-74mph?

Post a few pictures of your boat. I will dig up some of my 36...it was very pretty.
FeverMike is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 05:49 PM
  #5
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 5
Default

I have same problem in cabin, just keep cleaning it and dealing with the headache! You got it on the speed, I did edge out 78 on the GPS once with perfect conditions and low fuel, but a consistend 70 - 74 is the top speed. Love the boat, and have very few complaints. Will post some pictures soon... Hows the fountain? Always wanted one of them....
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeverMike View Post
I am having vinyl mildew issue too on my Fountain center console but only when I cover the seats. This did not happen for the 1st 2 years then I had the boat detailed during a service and it started to happen. I hate leaving my seats uncovered but this is the only way to keep them from showing this orange and purple mildew.

I had a 36 2004 Concept for 2 years and got a ton of mildew in the cabin but never had an issue with the seats. The cabin mildew was cleanable but I had to do it every week. I had an issue with the white powder coating bubbling up and flaking off especially on top of the arch where Concept drilled the holes to mount the lights and gps antenna.

Good for you getting them to fix your interior under warranty. I did not have such luck.

Trip 250 V-Rods must go around 72-74mph?

Post a few pictures of your boat. I will dig up some of my 36...it was very pretty.
mabiebaby is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 08:03 PM
  #6
Registered
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: west palm beach FL,
My Boats: yamaha sx190,yamaha exciter, yamaha ls2000 w c 255dc , 38sonic,38fountain ec,35outlaw,28pantera,27donzi zx ect
Posts: 3,092
Default

try using a can of damp rid in the cabin help get rid of moisture that cuase's mildew .
mikebrls is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 08:25 PM
  #7
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
Jassman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Posts: 9,371
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebrls View Post
try using a can of damp rid in the cabin help get rid of moisture that cuase's mildew .
Good post..this works very well, and I recommend Damp Rid it to all my customers ..Also try this together with the Damp Rid...Use the Leverage cleaner first and then use conditioner, but a little more conditioner than normal the first time sp it absorbs into the material. Thanks guys. Jeff

http://cc.msnscache.com/cache.aspx?q...a9da2,2e82431c

Last edited by Jassman; 04-27-2009 at 08:28 PM.
Jassman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 10:48 PM
  #8
Who Me?
Platinum Member
 
FeverMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Tampa
My Boats: 2006 38TE Fountain
Posts: 6,656
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebrls View Post
try using a can of damp rid in the cabin help get rid of moisture that cuase's mildew .
Yes Damp Rid type absober (got it at West Marine) worked somewhat but still got the mildew but I had to change it every 3-5 days.

The 36 cabin does not ventalate at all thus the mildew problem. If you could figure out a way to get some are circulation going that would help.
FeverMike is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 06:42 AM
  #9
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
Jassman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Posts: 9,371
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeverMike View Post
Yes Damp Rid type absober (got it at West Marine) worked somewhat but still got the mildew but I had to change it every 3-5 days.

The 36 cabin does not ventalate at all thus the mildew problem. If you could figure out a way to get some are circulation going that would help.

Is it completely dark inside the cabin as well with the door shut.
Jassman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 01:42 PM
  #10
Registered
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: hudson florida
My Boats: 06 Concept 36'
Posts: 196
Default Mildew in cabin

My boat stays on my lift under my full cover. I had the same mildew issues as well. I just leave my cabin doors open with the upper hatch part closed and haven't had a problem since. I know I will have issues with the powdercoating on the b-bracket and around the bottom edges of my arch. The powdercoating is starting to blister some. My interior is holding up well except for the sides of my bolsters. Its looks like the material is stained but nothing could stain it on the sides. The interior is light grey carbon fiber and it is starting to look tan on the sides of the bolsters. I have to call concept and see what my options are. Everywhere else the interior is holding up great. Anyone else with this issue?
NOMOGOFAST is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:43 PM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.