Like Tree0Likes

Crockett Marine Small Block

Reply
Old 05-14-2009, 01:42 AM
  #61
Registered
 
BattleCry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Completely Nationwide
Posts: 1,220
Default

The LS engines from GM are an awesome engine. I have been gathering parts for my own build. Parts are everywhere and plentiful. GM Performance L92 heads are my choice and flow very nice and $1000 for the pair. Raylar, what is the price on your LSM engine package? I am only going with 8.7:1 compression and in hopes of achieving 440hp and 450tq or even lower compression and running turbos.

Tyler, an LS based engine is something that I hope to see from you.

BA
BattleCry is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 07:55 AM
  #62
Michigan Mad Man
Racer
Thread Starter
Trade Score: (1)
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Ruby, Mi
My Boats: Crockett Marine Engines - OPA Class 6 Champions 2007
Posts: 1,172
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleCry View Post
The LS engines from GM are an awesome engine. I have been gathering parts for my own build. Parts are everywhere and plentiful. GM Performance L92 heads are my choice and flow very nice and $1000 for the pair. Raylar, what is the price on your LSM engine package? I am only going with 8.7:1 compression and in hopes of achieving 440hp and 450tq or even lower compression and running turbos.

Tyler, an LS based engine is something that I hope to see from you.

BA

We are going to come up with a package as soon as we get every one cleared out of the shop and on the water. I think we can make over 500 HP without to much trouble.
TylerCrockett is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 08:34 AM
  #63
Registered
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Merritt Island, FL
Posts: 3,880
Default

Tyler,

How do you think the torque will be on an LSM compared to a merc 525?

Has anyone did a blower boat version? Seems like for smaller twin motor boats it would be a nice package, how much would we save in weight?
Wildman_grafix is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 02:57 AM
  #64
Registered
 
BattleCry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Completely Nationwide
Posts: 1,220
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerCrockett View Post
We are going to come up with a package as soon as we get every one cleared out of the shop and on the water. I think we can make over 500 HP without to much trouble.
500 HP is very achievable and reliable. Im am using the LS2 engine block. I havent decided on my bore and stroke combination yet. Probably something close to square. I believe that Innovation Marine has done some testing with the LS engine already. Some of the automotive forums have a plentiful supply of information for this style of engine. I am definitely going with closed cooling to control the internals of the engine(corrosion) and be able to live in salt water.
BattleCry is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 10:28 PM
  #65
Registered
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Marietta, Ga.
My Boats: 22 Velocity
Posts: 777
Default

Very impressive Tyler. I am currently running a 600 hp Dart block based 406. Interested in the Fuel Injection. I feel that it would gain some manners around the docks!! What would a setup like that run and can I add it to my Super Victor??
DKerns is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 11:12 AM
  #66
Michigan Mad Man
Racer
Thread Starter
Trade Score: (1)
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Ruby, Mi
My Boats: Crockett Marine Engines - OPA Class 6 Champions 2007
Posts: 1,172
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKerns View Post
Very impressive Tyler. I am currently running a 600 hp Dart block based 406. Interested in the Fuel Injection. I feel that it would gain some manners around the docks!! What would a setup like that run and can I add it to my Super Victor??
Yes you can weld the injector bungs in your manifold like we did. We put the FAST system on this project. It will be around 3500. with throttlebody,harness, ecu,fuel system.
TylerCrockett is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 11:46 AM
  #67
Registered
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Marietta, Ga.
My Boats: 22 Velocity
Posts: 777
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerCrockett View Post
Yes you can weld the injector bungs in your manifold like we did. We put the FAST system on this project. It will be around 3500. with throttlebody,harness, ecu,fuel system.
Thanks for the reply Tyler. I would love to build a twin to the engine I have and find an old 30 Velocity to put them in. I really think inj is the way to go. Just have to weigh the odds on the cost.
DKerns is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:00 PM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.