Crockett Marine Small Block >

Crockett Marine Small Block

Notices

Crockett Marine Small Block

Old 05-01-2009, 07:32 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have stopped in Tyler's since he started these motors and watched him build them. The attention to detail is amazing as is the amount of time and resources Tyler puts into his engines. Now you can see why he sends engines around the world.
Old 05-01-2009, 10:17 PM
Michigan Mad Man
Racer

Originally Posted by AIR TIME
Tyler are you racing this year with the joker 26?? and once again nice job.

George and I are going to run all the local races for now.
Old 05-01-2009, 10:29 PM
Michigan Mad Man
Racer

Originally Posted by skaterdave
crockett, i was asking about the difference between steel heads and alum. i'm running aluminum heads on a race motor and and steel on another and the found that, and also told that we could run more compression with the aluminum heads compared to the steel. since the aluminum disapates the heat better before running into denoting issues. we switched from 8.25 to 10.2 and gained quite abit of hp.

my point or question is could you run 10 plus compression with that motor(more like 11) and get away with it, using the alum. heads and 120 on the water temp?? and still just 93 pump

I was trying to make a safe package and not looking for every last HP. It takes 17-20 HP to get 1 MPH on the water and if I ran the compression up to 10.5 or 11to.1 we might have gained 35 or 40 HP and it is not taking the chance on burning pistons in this pleasure boat. The big advanage with higher comp is that it makes torque.
Old 05-01-2009, 10:34 PM
Michigan Mad Man
Racer

Originally Posted by Wahoo ATV
I have stopped in Tyler's since he started these motors and watched him build them. The attention to detail is amazing as is the amount of time and resources Tyler puts into his engines. Now you can see why he sends engines around the world.

You must need me to spin....... I mean drive your boat again....lol
Old 05-01-2009, 11:58 PM
Banned

Do you do stress relief shaking and/or cryogenic freezing?
Old 05-02-2009, 07:49 AM
Michigan Mad Man
Racer

Originally Posted by Catmando
Do you do stress relief shaking and/or cryogenic freezing?

I have done some in the past on some gear sets. We have not done on any engine parts. We do coat the Pistons and pins and several other parts inside the engine. We also use piston oilers on some engines. These smallblocks have a hole EDM drilled the length of the rod so the wrist pin gets oiled from the rod bearing.
Old 05-02-2009, 08:00 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Headers?

[Hi Tyler

Are the exhaust ports on the SB2 head the same as a old school SBC or more like an 18 degree replicated port head?

If you were building this with a clean sheet of paper would you use this head?

The reason I ask is a really want to do a small block 30-32 cat very light with bravo's
Thanks
Steve
Old 05-02-2009, 09:16 AM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by TylerCrockett
THIS IS A 434CI 9.4 TO 1 that runs on 91 octane pump gas. We built 2 of these for Furniture Row Nascar Team going in their 32 Sunsation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-pVkY2eJoA
Wow! That's impressive. Are you considering a milder version as a standard offering with a little less cam and compression that can run on 89 octane and still make around 550+ HP? I know many of us that keep our boats in the water can't get premium fuel. A less aggressive cam and valve train would reduce maintenance and improve reliability for those of us looking for high performance alternatives to our boring 320 HP Merc 6.2's.
Old 05-02-2009, 01:41 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by TylerCrockett
I have not yet have a cost because Furniture Row gave me all the parts accept the Dart Block, Diamond Pistons, Total Seal rings, Trend pushrods. We made intake and valley pan spacers and also had a new oil pan built for the Dart block. Furniture Row has 46 SB2 engines and parts left over.I was down in Charlotte, NC and was at Hendricks and they also have several SB2 parts left over. I had Inconel ex valves made to go in the heads also and used their Titainium intake valve. I used all their Jesel valve train also.
Now that Crane is gone do you know if Jesel is doing ok?
Old 05-02-2009, 08:54 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how would these engines do in a larger boat like a 37 OL WITH BRAVOS and would it last. and what would you think it would cost for a pair of these rigged in the boat just a good guess

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.