Lots of steam/vapor coming from one side >

Lots of steam/vapor coming from one side

Notices

Lots of steam/vapor coming from one side

Old 05-05-2009, 11:15 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lots of steam/vapor coming from one side

I am having problems with one engine overheating (prior posts) due to sand getting sucked up. There is alot of steam coming out the exhaust on that engine(runs okay at lower rpm) might this be a head gasket or just cuz the engine is running too hot? Thanks alot

Last edited by brian18330; 05-05-2009 at 11:22 AM.
Old 05-05-2009, 12:17 PM
CLA
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by brian18330
I am having problems with one engine overheating (prior posts) due to sand getting sucked up. There is alot of steam coming out the exhaust on that engine(runs okay at lower rpm) might this be a head gasket or just cuz the engine is running too hot? Thanks alot
Back flush everything, and drain the block if possible. Most start to steam very bad when the impeller is going out.
Old 05-05-2009, 12:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Brian,

Just had that same problem. In my case it ended up being a cracked exhuast elbow/riser dripping into the manifold... crack got larger and flooded the manifold. I orginally thought head gasket, but after tearing in down to replace that, still had the trouble. saw that more water was getting into cyclinders 4/6 and switched risers- problem solved. I'd check it out... take the riser off and look into the manifold.