496 HO removing intake manifold fuel line >

496 HO removing intake manifold fuel line

Notices

496 HO removing intake manifold fuel line

Old 05-03-2009, 09:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 496 HO removing intake manifold fuel line

I have a 2003 496 HO and I'm removing the intake manifold. The manifold is loose and ready to lift off but I need to remove the fuel line at left rear of the manifold where it changes from metal to rubber line. It apears to be a quick connector. How do I disconnect this line? Does it take a special tool?
Old 05-05-2009, 02:29 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Wink

Most all marine engine work takes special tools! Be careful with what you are not trained or qualified to do?

Best Regards,
Ray @ Raylar
Old 05-05-2009, 07:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HOBoater
I have a 2003 496 HO and I'm removing the intake manifold. The manifold is loose and ready to lift off but I need to remove the fuel line at left rear of the manifold where it changes from metal to rubber line. It apears to be a quick connector. How do I disconnect this line? Does it take a special tool?
It's the red disconnect tool in a given kit from a tool truck (aluminum). The ones with rubber bands around them...

Or you can buy the "Powerbuilt" brand #648424 is the stock number. I think they're at autozone and it's the 3/8 teal colored one in that kit.

Last edited by SDFever; 05-05-2009 at 08:04 PM.