Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Removing boat from trailer in driveway, pics... >

Removing boat from trailer in driveway, pics...

Notices

Removing boat from trailer in driveway, pics...

Old 05-05-2009, 12:33 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am adding a second set of boat jacks tonight. So even if the aft blocks kicked out, with the weight on the keel, and 2 stands per side prevent the boat from rolling?

Thanks for the advice everyone, I will definitely set everything up a little better next time with the input I have now... Hopefully no hurricanes blow through Detroit in the next week... lol
Old 05-05-2009, 12:45 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would have to say your original setup is far superior to some of the stuff Ive seen in marinas that sat all winter.

Snap some pictures this fall when you are walking through a random marina, this board will have a field day!
Old 01-08-2010, 11:16 PM
Registered

Default Portable Boat Lift

If you're like me you have tried any number of ways to separate your boat from your trailer to service the trailer or the boat hull. I have used a product by Portable Boat Lift that allows one person to safely separate their boat from their trailer in minutes, anywhere. They can be found at link below www.portableboatlift.com
Old 01-09-2010, 11:07 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Safety First
If you're like me you have tried any number of ways to separate your boat from your trailer to service the trailer or the boat hull. I have used a product by Portable Boat Lift that allows one person to safely separate their boat from their trailer in minutes, anywhere. They can be found at link below www.portableboatlift.com
that is pretty neat but it says its made for boats 25ft or less...Is this your company?
Old 01-09-2010, 12:24 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by SmurfOnABoat
AudioFn - how do you tell? They say InstaTrim on them.

Thanks everybody.
Instatrim is made by Boat Levelers. You'll just rip the self tapping mounting screws out of the hull if you try to chain anything to them, or bend the SS plates and break the rams. Leave them up and alone. Yeah, those forwards stands are doing nothing w/o a chain from 1 to the other, then I can see the chain wanting to still slide forward. I'd move them towards the back where they will be pushing straight down as much as possible. They are mostly for keeping the boat balanced on your keel blocks, not support. But they gotta be secure.

Last edited by US1 Fountain; 12-02-2011 at 11:00 AM.
Old 06-02-2014, 04:28 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 21eagle
next time use cynder blocks. yes the hollow ones but up on end very strong. those pavers have to make that thing one wobbley mofo lol i use blocks, 2x6's 8ft long and more block really straddle that rear so it doesnt move around
I wouldn't recommend cinder blocks...very weak and prone to breakage. If you wish to go with something like that, use concrete blocks. A little more expensive but a lot stronger. Wood works best.
Old 06-02-2014, 04:54 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

DO NOT USE CINDER BLOCKS! they will fail easily under load, the pavers are a better option but not ideal, wood or purpose built stands are the best option. It is against OHSA regulations to use cinder blocks under scaffold legs, many people have been injured relying on them.
Old 06-02-2014, 05:04 PM
Registered

Received 570 Likes on 237 Posts

I don't know where you guys are buying your cinder blocks but the ones around here I wouldn't prop up a dinghy. I picked a couple up out of the lumber yard a while back and the side crumbled in my hand when i grabbed it. Had another 2 fall apart in the back of the truck on the way to the job just from the vibration.
Old 06-02-2014, 05:38 PM
Registered

Received 698 Likes on 341 Posts

You guys see that this thread is 4 1/2 years old right??? Lol
Old 06-02-2014, 05:50 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Is it still on blocks...Lmao

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.