Notices

EFI info

Old 05-05-2009, 08:05 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EFI info

hi, looking for EFI management software and ECU to laptop cord . system is EFI tech with the X1 ECU. thanks norm.
Old 05-05-2009, 08:10 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by norm
hi, looking for EFI management software and ECU to laptop cord . system is EFI tech with the X1 ECU. thanks norm.
Try rinda technologies marine for a starting point.
http://www.rinda.com/
http://216.230.203.183/marine/marine.htm

Last edited by Boat Tech; 05-05-2009 at 08:23 PM.
Old 05-06-2009, 01:32 PM
Registered

I NEED HELP MY Dears,,

I would like to order Rinda Software for my Merc 5.7 mag-EFI.
My engines year 1998 , what does it mean MEFI 1-5 ??

1) Is it easy to use ?
2) do i need to buy extra wires or connectors or it comes complete?
3) On the laptop, does it tell me the problems and how to fix?

Please Help before oreding
Old 05-08-2009, 05:41 AM
Registered

Default RINDA software .. HELP

Please Boaters,, I Need Help , Somebody Answer Me About Rinda Software Use
Old 05-09-2009, 02:50 AM
Registered

Wink

Originally Posted by scarab@kuwait
I NEED HELP MY Dears,,

I would like to order Rinda Software for my Merc 5.7 mag-EFI.
My engines year 1998 , what does it mean MEFI 1-5 ??

1) Is it easy to use ?
2) do i need to buy extra wires or connectors or it comes complete?
3) On the laptop, does it tell me the problems and how to fix?

Please Help before oreding
[MEFI] Is Marine electronic fuel injection, 1-5 Is the latest up date versions they have done over the years, Yours should be a 2 or 3, I believe it will come with one adapter but they do have 2 kinds 1-3 is one style it is a bigger plug and "4-5" and mercs 555 will be a smaller plug, To be safe and to help a buddy out some day you will want both, Now they also have one other style plug in adapter that plugs in to the tool to test the fuel injectors one at a time, to see if they are flowing the same pressure while reading a seprate fuel pressure gauge hooked to the engine and watching it drop down. That is up to you if you want it. I did not see the too plugs I am talking about in that scan tool adapter kit on the web site. So you should call them and order it all by phone there teck support is grate and they are real helpful and nice to talk to. [773] 736-6633] It will be easy to use once you take your time and read the small book it comes with for basic info, And then you should hook it up to the engine with the key ON engine OFF at first and just go thru it some till you see how it works and you are not wasting water on the garden hose at first, Then turn on the water and engine and you will see the numbers of the engine specks working, Then you will want to order a service manual from merc or volvo for your engine so it will help you make sence of what all the numbers mean and it will help you fix your own engine easyr. To make diagnostic on a EFI engine easyr all you really need is a scan tool, test light, a good multimeter, Connector test adapter kit they sale, fuel pressure gauge and manual and a understanding of how a engine, electrical circuits and tools works. And being book smart helps some now a days also. I am not sure on there labtop stuff you will need to ask them on that. I hope this was the info you where looking for. If you had all this stuff at the boat ramp some day you would be the man of the day. Good luck.
Old 05-09-2009, 06:19 AM
Registered

Thanx Alot, Its Very Helpful,,,,
Thanx Again